Complaint Review: Ecampus.com

ecampus.com Internet U.S.A.
  • Phone: 888-388-9909
  • Web:
  • Category: Internet

Ecampus.com ripoff stole my books won't pay for books they buy back Internet

Timeline
----------
1)I sent in a box of books on August 19th, 2004.

2)End of September -- I began to wonder where my check was. Customer service informed me that two of the books that I sent in were missing. They told me to file a claim and send in a proof of mailing. The proof of mailing form they provide requires only a date stamp. They claim that they can ascertain the weight of the package that I sent in from a stamp that says, "August 19th." I sent in a claim.

3)October 19, 2004 -- Well, you knew this was coming. They say that my claim never arrived. I requested that a check be disbursed for the books that they admit receiving. Which I also requested in September. I attempted to use the online customer service chat agent. Did some work with it running for over an hour and nobody ever came on to respond to me.

4)December 14, 2004 -- Called and spoke to an agent named "Tanel." She was quite hateful. She didn't have her microphone in font of her face so I could barely hear her. She did not state her name when she initially took my call. I had to ask and she mumbled it...so I requested that she say it louder so that I could understand...She spelled it and then put me on hold. A supervisor named "Debi" picked up who informed me of the following: (1) if books from a buyback order are not in the box (which they were) they assume that the other books are being shipped seperately and will hold payment for a period of time. I asked her if she thought that August to December was enough time to hold the check and she said they would send the check now ($70 short because of the books and claim they lost). (2) I asked about the online chat agent and she informed me that there are agents assigned to work with it. She said she would see what was going on with it.

I will never use these people anymore...I would have tried to negotiate a credit for the missing books...but as a graduating senior it does me no good. I would suggest to everyone to use a more reputable online book provider like amazon.com. I have even had great success with ebay. Oddly enough, individual ebayer are much easier to deal with than the "professional customer service agents" at ecampus.

William
Roanoke, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/14/2004 08:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ecampuscom/internet/Ecampuscom-ripoff-stole-my-books-wont-pay-for-books-they-buy-back-Internet-122761. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ecampus.com