Complaint Review: Ecast Settlement Corporation

• Updated: Sat, June 09, 2012

• Reported By: Dando — Corinth Texas United States of America
Ecast Settlement Corporation
383 Madison Avenue New York, New York United States of America

Ecast Settlement Corporation I don't know these people and I did not get a 1099 C - they cannot provide me proof of any debt New York, New York

I received a notice from the IRS stating that I had failed to report information regarding a cancellation of debt from Ecast Settlement.  I have no idea who this is.  I have no idea where the debt came from.  I contacted the IRS they researched and have now told me the debt is valid that Ecast has provided them with proof.  I asked the IRS what proof they provided and was told that a 1099 was sent I find it funny that I never received could it be the mail???? I doubt it after reading on the internet that others also never received the 1099.  Anyway the IRS said I have to pay or file a police report of identity theft and an affadavit form 14039.  Who are these Ecast people and why isn't anything on my credit reports which I get updates and have for the last 6 years?   I had some bad debt from when I went through a divorce but his debt has not been on a credit report for years and it was back in the 90's can they do that?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/09/2012 07:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ecast-Settlement-Corporation/New-York-New-York-10179/Ecast-Settlement-Corporation-I-dont-know-these-people-and-I-did-not-get-a-1099-C-they-895094. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ecast Settlement Corporation