• Report: #206617

• Submitted: Thu, August 17, 2006
  • Updated: Sun, August 20, 2006

• Reported By:Tyler West Virginia
Echo Star Communication - Dish Network
9601 S. Meridian Blvd Englewood, Colorado U.S.A.

Echo Star Communication - Dish Network THEIF AND DESTRUCTION OF PRIVATE PROPERTY Ripoff Englewood Colorado

*Consumer Comment: I've had problems with them too

I was rather shocked by the actions of this company, beginning this year of Feb 2006.

To begin with, I was client of theirs for over 5 years and had no problems till Feb 2006.

First of all, I was on automatic payment plan, too which this firm debited my checking account each month, for 30 day advance payments. And I had been doing this for over 5 years and not a problem.

Then it began, in Feb 06, my system was turned off for "Non-Payment?" When I contacted this firm, even pointed out that my Payment History on their own website listed that I was paid 30 in advance, and that my checking statement showed that they had debit my account and received the funds, that this was an error on their part, and to correct it and turn my system back on. Then in March 06, a repeat of Feb 06, April 06, May 06, June 06, they continued to turn my system off each month and claimed I had not paid my bill? But again, I had to refer them back to their OWN Website, show them that they had my payment listed on their own webpage! And that I even had contacted my bank and confirmed that they had debited my account. Then they would turn the system back on in a few DAYS!!!

On July 03, 2006, this company turned my system off, claiming I had not paid them, again! At this time, I had totalled up the days of Paid Service's too which this company never provided, 61 days! As well as confirmation that I was paid in advance of 30 days, too which this company had turned my system off on the 03 July 2006!

Then, too make matters worst, I was in my home resting, to be woken up from noise outside of my home. When I got up, one Dish Network representatives had removed my dish satillite and Ripped the Cord off my home, and in the process had ripped the Vinyl Siding!

Now Dish Network was STEALING!!! I owned this equipment as well as the Copper Cable, as I had purchased in 5 years ago and paid for private installation! I was not renting! As I did not make monthly rental payments, confirmed even by Dish Network invoices! I tried to speak to the employee whom told me to keep back or he would hit me with a rod he had in his hand! Now, not only does this firm refuse to refund my advance payments, they sent one of their employees to Trespass on my Private Owned Property, Steal and Destroy Private Property as well as Threaten me with Bodily Harm!
I reported this matter to the property authorities. Whom have have sent the data onward to the State to review. Furthermore, I reported it to the B.B.B. whom registered the complaint with Echo Star directly.
Instead of Echo Star address the complaint to the B.B.B. they began to call my home every 15 minutes or so. At first, I answered to hear their Foul Mouths, Cursing at me on my phone! And telling me they were not held accountable to the B.B.B. and it would be in my best interest to remove my complaint. Of course, I must admit, I smarted back at the Kid that called and said, "Why, are you going to send your employee back to my home to beat me up?" I told them to GO FOR IT!
And hung up the telephone. But, they continued to telephone my home.

I contact my phone carrier whom stared recording the calls and messages. And they in turn, sent them to the FTC and reported this incident. Furthermore, I was able to obtain computer .wav copies of the recordings, which were vile! I sent copies to the B.B.B. of Co. so they can hear what this company, whom is a member of the B.B.B. even said about them! It was Vile!

I really must admit, I do not know what to say about this firm, but they have gone DOWN HILL MAJORLY!!!!

May I suggest, DirectTV! At least, when I spoke to this firm, explained "WHAT AND WHY" I wanted to come to their firm, they sent the equipment/installed it, and told me there would be no cost! And to top it all off with, they speak ENGLISH!

GOOD BYE DISH NETWORK! With this type of business ethics you will not be around much longer!
Rev. M. Wayne

Tyler, West Virginia

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Dish Network

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/17/2006 03:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Echo-Star-Communication-Dish-Network/Englewood-Colorado-80112/Echo-Star-Communication-Dish-Network-THEIF-AND-DESTRUCTION-OF-PRIVATE-PROPERTY-Ripoff-En-206617. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Echo Star Communication - Dish Network

I've had problems with them too

AUTHOR: Matt - (U.S.A.)

I think the recordings you have should be turned over to the media just like that guy did with the Aol recording a couple months back and let your story be heard. I can't stand this company cause they ripped me off and no one speaks english and Dish Network say its not there fault about problems and instead they blame it on Echo Star or Communications or whatever they call them selfs. Anyway I filed my claim with BBB and the states attorney office.