Complaint Review: Echostar

• Reported By: Kim — Milwaukee Wisconsin United States of America
Echostar

Echostar DISH network Bogus fees for their error Internet

*UPDATE Employee: DISH Network reply

I am being charged $167 for an early termination fee after I called and asked them to temporarily put my account on hold for $5/month.  This was done via chat.  They claim someone then emailed and told them to cancel.  This is incorrect.

Dish sent a box & email about canceling and no label.  I had to call and ask for a label and sent equipment back.

Now that I can have Dish in my new place again, they want to charge me $400+ to get the equipment back that they requested back.

Dish & their collection rings call and write almost daily.  I have no intention of paying this fee for something I don't owe.  My business with them terminated when they canceled my account which was in good standing and asked for their equipment back.  No one called & confirmed this with me.  They took it upon themselves after I wrote to them prior in a chat and asked that my account be placed on HOLD for up to 6 months.

I will not be paying this bill even if my credit takes a hit.  They MIGHT get a few pennies in collections after everyone takes their cut, but I doubt it.  I don't pay $ I don't owe for services I don't have and can't restore.

Thank you for any help!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/22/2011 11:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Echostar/internet/Echostar-DISH-network-Bogus-fees-for-their-error-Internet-812991. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Echostar

DISH Network reply

AUTHOR: Mark H DISH - (USA)

Hi Kim, my name is Mark and I work for DISH Network customer service. I can review what occurred with your DISH Network account and see what options are available. Please email with the DISH Network account number and full address where you received the services.

Mark Haakenson