Complaint Review: Ecko Unlimited &/or Gadzooks @ GA Square Mall

• Reported By:Athens GA
Ecko Unlimited &/or Gadzooks @ GA Square Mall
Athens, Georgia U.S.A.

Another Ecko Rip-Off

*UPDATE Employee: All I can say is do your homework.

My boyfriend recently received an Ecko sweater from my roommate, who bought it at a Gadzooks in Athens, GA. He wore it once and washed it exactly according to the instuctions on the tag. When he put it on, he noticed some strings unraveling around the seams of the arms. Well, knowing how expensive Ecko clothes are, my roommate was pissed off.

I took the sweater into the Gadzooks to try and return it. I was not asking for a refund, but merely an exchange. The ladies there told me it could not be returned because the tags had been removed and it had been washed. They also said it was a redline item. Knowing the harsh policies of this store from previous experience, I was pissed they could not guarantee the quality of the product but knew there was nothing I could do to change their minds.

I figured I'd go straight to the source, Ecko Unlimited. I did a search on the internet to find a homepage, only to find nothing of the such. However, I did come across the Rip-Off report of a guy who purchased a "leather" jacket from Ecko.

I would really like to get ahold of Ecko and let them know the poor quality of this sweater. I don't necessarily want a refund, replacement of the sweater is good enough for me.

I don't know which company actually deserves the Rip-Off report, Gadzooks or Ecko Unlimited. If Ecko is going to sell their products at such high prices, they should at least guarantee some level of quality. And for Gadzooks, they will continue to lose customers if they sell shoddy products to unsuspecting consumers and then refuse to take the items back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/15/2002 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ecko-Unlimited-or-Gadzooks-GA-Square-Mall/Athens-Georgia-30606/Another-Ecko-Rip-Off-11616. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ecko Unlimited &/or Gadzooks @ GA Square Mall

All I can say is do your homework.

AUTHOR: BRANDIE NAY - ()

First of all, here at Gadzooks, we have been lied to so many times and taken back worn merchandise, and taken huge losses for it.It may not seems that big of a deal, I mean what's one sweater? But think of all the returns that come in each day to our hundreds of stores, and it adds up over a month or year. It finally came down to the point where if the merchandise was washed, we are not permitted to take it back. There are exceptions but you have to understand that not everyone who comes into our store is honest. And there are signs posted at the cash wrap that say "REDLINE is a FINAL purchase." Also, Gadzooks only carries the brands that well sell, we do not manufacture or package these goods. And, just because you pay more for an item does not mean that the quality is any better than that of less expensive brands.