Complaint Review: Eclipse Automotive Technology

• Updated: Thu, March 07, 2013

• Reported By: Tito MotorMan — Birmingham Nationwide United Kingdom
Eclipse Automotive Technology
Birmingham, Select State/Province United Kingdom

Eclipse Automotive Technology www.eclipse-tech.co.uk sell hard but product dont work Birmingham, United Kingdom

*UPDATE Employee: Easier to post here than to complain properly?

Eclipse automotive were the most responsive supplier of diagnostics kit when trying to make me buy their pad but 3 months after owning their kit I soon figured it was the the biggest purchasing mistake I ever made. Nothing works and after looking into the competing products I regret my purchase. I was over charged and under delivered with a cheap Chinese knock off in expensive enclosures.

www.eclipse-tech.co.uk

also trading as: www.eclipseautomotivetechnology.com

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/03/2012 11:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Eclipse-Automotive-Technology/Birmingham-Select-StateProvince-/Eclipse-Automotive-Technology-wwweclipse-techcouk-sell-hard-but-product-dont-work-Birm-977305. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Eclipse Automotive Technology

Easier to post here than to complain properly?

AUTHOR: Eclipse - (United Kingdom)

First, and most importantly, Eclipse do not sell cheap "Chinese knock off" equipment.
We are Texa UK's largest diagnostic distributor and preferred supplier to some of the largest hauliers and fleet engineers in the industry.  Vehicle diagnostics is all we do and if Tito MotorMan's experience is (a)true and (b)widespread we would soon be out of business.

I've attempted to discover the real identity of Tito so I can check our support records.  As every diagnostic package we sell comes with 12 months telephone/email/fax support I was hopeful of finding a customer in the Birmingham area with a grievance - I can't.

The responsiveness Eclipse display in their sales is mirrored by the high level of support provided.  Should the complainant contact us we will investigate any issues or concerns he has.  Based on his report his products are still under warranty and contacting us as the (apparent) supplier should be the first course of action.