Complaint Review: Ecobee

• Submitted: Mon, September 19, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, December 20, 2011

• Reported By: Wade — Wentzville Missouri U.S.A.
Ecobee
333 Adelaide St. W. 6th Floor Toronto, Ontario Canada

Ecobee Did Not Honor Their FedEx Return Shipping Payment. Now FedEx Is Charging Me!! Toronto, Ontario Canada

*Author of original report: Ecobee Went Above and Beyond To Resolve!!

Less than one year ago, I purchased a digital thermostat, made by "Ecobee". This was a very epensive purchase, and although the device itself has worked well, I received an email from their support team, indicating that they have noticed "anomolies" in its readings. Apparently it sends information (who knows what) back to the company.

The email indicated that, while the device was still within its operating specifications, they would like to go ahead and replace the unit for free. I agreed, and shortly after that, received a new unit via FedEx. Inside the package was a new thermostat, and prepaid (supposedly) shipping label. All I had to do, was put the old unit in the box, seal it, and attach the shipping label provided by Ecobee. I did all this, and then brought it to a FedEx facility for shipment. I thought it was all done.

Well over a month later, I received a letter from FedEx, indicating that they were unable to collect the money from Ecobee, for shipment, and they are therefore demanding payment by me! The charge is about $76.00. An email to Ecobee went unreplied. Next I went to their Facebook page, and posted a respectful comment on there, regarding the situation. I never received a reply. Time is going by, and I continue to receive mail from FedEx looking for their payment. I refuse to pay this... I should not have to... it was a shipping label from Ecobee... not me. I posted another message on their Facebook page and they deleted it. I am no longer able to post messages on their page.

I will be sending a Cease and Desist letter to FedEx, and CC'ng Ecobee. Ecobee needs to take ownership of this!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/19/2011 11:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ecobee/Toronto-Ontario-M5V-1R5/Ecobee-Did-Not-Honor-Their-FedEx-Return-Shipping-Payment-Now-FedEx-Is-Charging-Me-Toron-778522. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ecobee

Ecobee Went Above and Beyond To Resolve!!

AUTHOR: Wade - (U.S.A.)

This is an update regarding my problem with the FedEx charges that were a result of the shipping of an Ecobee unit.

Immediately upon my submittal to RoR's, Ecobee reached out to me and was very apologetic, and willing to do whatever was needed to correct this issue. I faxed a copy of the FedEx receipt and they took care of the rest. Not only that, but they followed up to make sure everything was okay, and that I had not received additional invoices from FedEx.

I am beyond pleased with the resolution of this, and very appreciative of to Ecobee for extending me assistance and resources in order to get this resolved. What a fantastic resolution, and a great way to support the customer! Thanks Ecobee!!