• Report: #1020027

• Updated: Mon, February 25, 2013

• Reported By: Ray — Easton Pennsylvania United States of America
Econ Solar
1740 Lynnwood Rd Suite 103 Allentown, Pennsylvania United States of America

Econ Solar Gutter Magicians Work done with no permits or inspections poor quality work & no followup Allentown Pennsylvania

Solar Panels
Econ Solar

I was contacted by a company that wanted to install solar panels & a roof. I agreed to the price and work.  They had to get permits and told me it would be a couple of weeks. 2 weeks later they said they were ready to do work permits were in.

They completed the work on dec. 23rd 2012.  In Feb. I received the permits from the township.  (They were not happy work was done with out permits or inspections).  I explaned to them that the contractor said he had the permits in Dec. I was told by the township Building supervisor they did not.  He asked me if the power was turned on to unit I said yes.  He told me there was no inspection on file and I better get it inspected.  I paid $75.00 for this inspection and it
failed. As did the roof.  The company is trying to redo the plans so that the township will pass the Roof the way it is.  The company was upset with me as I called a inspector and they told me they had there own inspectors.
 It has been installed for 2 months and turned on without electric company consent or inspections.  I was told any damage to the grid would be at my cost as there is no permit to tie in. I have been trying to contact the Branch manager Brian for 2 months due to the face the loan they got me defaulted in 2 days and then hit my as over limit.

I have had no luck contacting Brian.  He is always out to lunch or with a customer or unavailable. I have spoken to the sectary every time I called and told her of my dismay with Brian.

I have had the panels working for 2 months and seen no savings at all unlike what I was told.  When I contacted my electric company I was told I need a different meter and there was a application on file for one from Dec. 20th 2012 but it was rejected for insufficient information and had been put on hold due to no one getting back to them.

As of 2-25-2031 I am still not getting any benefits of the solar system and  am still waiting for the company to correct the electrical problems and get me the proper meter so It will run backwards as advertised. Note you must have a bidirectional meter to get credit for solar power generation.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/25/2013 01:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Econ-Solar/Allentown-Pennsylvania-18103/Econ-Solar-Gutter-Magicians-Work-done-with-no-permits-or-inspections-poor-quality-work-n-1020027. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Econ Solar