• Report: #196816

• Submitted: Fri, June 16, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, June 16, 2006

• Reported By:Pendleton Oregon
Econo Lodge
345 Northwest 2nd St. Corvallis, Oregon U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Hotel

Econo Lodge ripoff Corvallis Oregon

My family and I recently stayed at a Choice Hotels Econolodge in Corvallis, Oregon. When booking the room, the hotel manager insisted that my wife book the room with him over the phone rather than going online, as he claimed he would give her a better deal than what she would find on line. When we got to the motel, the manager charged us $77.00 a standard room with 2 queen beds.

The first room had an odor of something dead or rotten coming from the carpet. We couldn't stay in the room, so we asked for another room. The manager gave us a smoking room, (which neither of us smoke) which had a horrible odor. The sheets also were stained with what appeared to be semen, there were, what appeared to be, pubic hairs in the blankets, and the box springs were grossly stained.

We had two children staying with us as well. We also had my mother in law with us, who booked her own room. She got a room with one queen size bed, and was charged $65.00. We had 2 pets, but the manager offered to charge $5.00 for only one pet, and would allow the other to stay at no extra cost.

After having the issues with the rooms, we advised the manager that we would like a refund. He refused to refund our money as he said we had to give 24 hours notice. We had booked a room for 2 nights, so he offered to keep us in the room we had for one night, then said he would show us another room the next day. We stayed the night, and the following morning, we demanded a refund for the second night, as we refused to stay in such conditions.

The manager offered to refund a portion, as he said he was now charging for the second pet, due to the fact that we were refusing to stay for both nights. He then charged us for the rooms, and added a $13.00 tax. After we checked out, we rented a room at a neighboring facility, where we were told that the rooms we had rented normally go for about $35.00 to $40.00 a night.

We were told that the manager only raises the rates when a special event is in town. He then doubles the rates. We later checked on line for that same motel, and found the rooms listed at $59.00 a night for the standard with 2 queen beds. We also found that the average tax is in the neighborhood of $5.00, not $13.00. I simply wanted to take a moment to let you know how your businesses are providing services to the public. I stay at a lot of motels in my business, and I can honestly say this was the worst.

Pendleton, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/16/2006 07:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Econo-Lodge/Corvallis-Oregon-97330/Econo-Lodge-ripoff-Corvallis-Oregon-196816. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Econo Lodge