Complaint Review: Econo Lodge

• Submitted: Wed, December 17, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, December 17, 2008

• Reported By:Andover Massachusetts
Econo Lodge
17 Main Street Highland Falls, New York U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Hotel

Econo Lodge Travelers beware do not stay at this hotel!! Highland Falls New York

I am in no way exaggerating when I say that this was the worst hotel experience I have ever had. When we made our reseverations we asked for a room with a hot tub for two nights, which is what the owner booked us for. When we showed up, the owner told us that there was a problem with the hot tub and it wouldn't be fixed until the next day but that we could stay in their suite, which was supposedly the nicest room that had.

We walked in an immediately took note of how dumpy the room was. There was a cigarette burn on one of the comforters and worst of all, the heat didn't work (and it was below freezing outside!!). We went out for the day and decided that if the room with the hot tub wasn't available then we didn't want to go back. I called the front desk and she told me that the hot tub room wasn't ready (as I suspected) and that she wouldn't refund our money, regardless of the fact that the heat didn't work in our room. I asked her if she would be willing to downgrade us to a cheaper room so we could save a little of the money that we were throwing away on the unpleasant hotel and she wouldn't do that either (which I couldn't understand because the hotel parking lot was empty....it's not like there weren't any vacancies).

When I asked to talk to the manager the very rude girl at the front desk said that she wouldn't be in until midnight and I could leave her a voice message but there would be no refund. So we ended up going to another hotel anyway but we wasted $120 on a room that we didn't book, had no heat, and was filthy.

My advice to anyone would be to stay as far away from this place as possible...trust me, sleeping in your car is better because at least that way you won't be freezing and sleeping in filth!

Erinkate13
Andover, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/17/2008 07:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Econo-Lodge/Highland-Falls-New-York-10928/Econo-Lodge-Travelers-beware-do-not-stay-at-this-hotel-Highland-Falls-New-York-402263. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Econo Lodge