Complaint Review: Econo Lodge

• Submitted: Mon, February 04, 2002
  • Updated: Mon, February 04, 2002

• Reported By:Nicholasville KY
Econo Lodge
Riverside Pigeon Forge, Tennessee U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Hotel

Econo Lodge Pigeon Forge Liars Club

On Wednesday January 30, 2002, I called the Econo Lodge Riverside, in Pigeon Forge to inquire about a Children's Suite for a family vacation in June of 2002. I talked with a very pleasant reservations clerk named Donna. I told her that I was interested in reserving the room for 3 nights, she quoted me a price of $89.95 a night.

I made a specific comment about that sounding like a great deal and told her I would give her a call back when I double checked my husband's schedule. I called her back at 9:00 am Saturday February 2, 2002 to make the reservation. I was then told that the room would be $139.95 a night.

I asked about the $50.00 a day difference and was told by Donna that she mistakenly quoted me the wrong price when I called on Wednesday. I immediatley sent to the manager of the motel and never recieved a reply from him personally. Donna did call me back that afternoon, to inform me that the suite was already booked for the month and June, and that she wasn't allowed to reserve it anyway, after she was going to let me reserve it twice for 2 different prices!!!!!!

My sister-in-law called the Econo Lodge Riverside that afternoon and asked about reserving the suite for the same June days that I had inquired about and she was told that it could be reserved for $199.99 a night!!! 3 DIFFERENT PRICES IN 1 DAY, FOR THE SAME ROOM ON THE SAME DAY!!!!!!

The bottom line is Donna admitted to making the original price of $89.95 a day for the room, that should be honored. THE PIGEON FORGE LIAR'S CLUB MEETS AT THE ECONO LODGE AND THE BIGGEST LIAR OF ALL IS THE ECONO LODGE PRESIDENT!!!!!

Nicholasville, KY

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/04/2002 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Econo-Lodge/Pigeon-Forge-Tennessee/Econo-Lodge-Pigeon-Forge-Liars-Club-13285. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Econo Lodge