Complaint Review: Econo Lodge

• Submitted: Sat, September 16, 2006
  • Updated: Sat, September 16, 2006

• Reported By:El Paso Texas
Econo Lodge
W.white Rd And I-10 San Antonio, Texas U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Hotel

Econo Lodge, San Antonio Econo Lodge person, ignorant or racist Ripoff San Antonio Texas

*Consumer Comment: no discrimination

I was traveling from Houston to El paso last week. I stopped in San Antonio to get rest. I decided to stay at the Econo Lodge because they advertised a good rate on a hotel discount book. As I come in I am greeted warmly by a young Arab or Indian. He was between 19-22 years of age. As I am filling out the registration form, he asked me how many will be staying. I tell him just me. He goes on to say: "Are you sure? With this coupon, only one person can stay in the room. We dont allow visitors either." I didnt get offended right away, but my racial antennas went up. (my dad is from the Dominican Republic and my mom is from Nicaragua) To be nice about it,I say "you must get alot of people here that violate that rule". Then he asked me if I wanted a smoking or non-smoking room. I tell him non-smoking. He says: "Just so you know, there is no smoking allowed in this room". Ah man, now I get mad... I say: "Look, Im here by myself and I dont smoke. What is your problem?" He says "no problem". Then, I sign the reciept. He tells me my signature doesnt match the signature on my license. It looked the same to me. I tell him that is my signature and Im not going to resign it. Anyway, If i wasnt so tired, i would of stayed somewhere else. So, if you are in San Anonio, dont stay at the Econo lodge.

Tony
El Paso, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/16/2006 01:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Econo-Lodge/San-Antonio-Texas/Econo-Lodge-San-Antonio-Econo-Lodge-person-ignorant-or-racist-Ripoff-San-Antonio-Texas-211338. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Econo Lodge

no discrimination

AUTHOR: Lee Ving - (U.S.A.)

It wasn't discrimination. Econo Lodge, as it's name inidcates, is a low-budget, low cost motel. Low budget, low cost motels attract low-lifes. So more than likely, he just figured that you were their typical low life customer.

I'm sure any white or asian would have been treated the same.

It's why a place like Wal Mart checks bags, because they attract a bad crowd.

Next time, stay someplace better.