Complaint Review: Economy Lube Waterloo

20 University Avenue East Waterloo, Ontario Canada
  • Phone: 519-746-2677
  • Web:
  • Category: Mechanics

Economy Lube Waterloo Tried to scam more money from me telling me I had imediate repairs needed Waterloo Ontario Canada

I went to economy lube for a simple oil change, they told me my power steering and brake fluids were low but would give me my oil change for free and then the 2 fluids to be topped would cost 79.99 and 99.99 on special for me. I declined and said I'd come back - just the oil change was fine. I had someone look under the hood a week later, they told me things were fine I did NOT need the fluids topped up.

Well 5 months went by, so I decided I'd go back to economy lube for a 'fast' oil change to see what they said this time. Nothing had been done to my power steering or brake fluids and suddenly they were great, but I could get this same deal only this time it was my coolant for 79.99 and transmission for 99.99. I again declined, had them checked - my transmission is good for about another year. Coolant maybe 6 months. They told me they were extremely low and I was at a risk of breaking down. I will NOT be going there anymore. Total ripoff.

Waterloo, Ontario

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/28/2008 04:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Economy-Lube-Waterloo/Waterloo-Ontario/Economy-Lube-Waterloo-Tried-to-scam-more-money-from-me-telling-me-I-had-imediate-repairs-n-356662. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Economy Lube Waterloo