Complaint Review: Ecowhides

• Submitted: Mon, January 14, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, January 14, 2013

• Reported By: Hannah — Brentwood Tennessee United States of America
Ecowhides

Ecowhides INFURIATINGLY dismissive customer service, never resolved egregious error Internet

I am so extremely fed up with this company. I was looking for a cowhide rug and decided to buy from this website, ecowhides.com. They appeared legit, had a clean looking and easy to use website, had good customer reviews (raving in fact--my first clue?), and had no complaints to be found online.

I purchased a rug from them that turned out to be 26 square feet. Clearly stated on their website, the dimensions of the rugs they sell are supposed to be 30-39 sq ft for a large, and 40-49 sq ft for the XL, which I paid an extra $30 for. I was supposed to get 40-49. I received 26. That is WAY too small, especially for the price I paid. I figured this was an honest mistake and contacted their reps by phone. He said no one was there that could fix it but took my information and promised someone would get back to me. Nobody did. I called and called and called, spoke to different reps, left my information always with the promise that someone would get back to me. [continued below]....
..... The only correspondence I received was an email inviting me to review the product. I left an honest and accurate review on their website, but it was never "approved for publishing." Of course.

After 2 weeks, "Deborah" emailed me about the problem. She said:

Hi,
Thank you for contacting eCowhides. We have received your concern with regards that you received a small rug of 26 inches. 26 inches is equivalent to 2.16 foot and we don't have this size available are you sure that is it 26 inches? Our extra large hide is at least 7 feet lengthwise or more.Please let us know if you need additional assistance. Thank you
Best Regards
Deborah
eCowhides Team

After calling and calling so many times, they didn't even get the information right. Talk about TERRIBLE customer service. I emailed her back with the correct problem, and expressed how frustrated I was. Her response was to email me the link to their return policy. Nothing more. I asked her if it would be a problem for me to get all my money back, considering that it had taken me so long to get everything sorted out that their policy would normally charge a "restocking fee." Her reply:

"no, it won't, please send it back to us with a note stating that you would like to exchnage it for an big XL size, with your ordern number, the returned address can be found at,

Debra."

I replied that I would like to return it, not exchange it. Her reply was to send me nothing more than the link to their return policy. She also spells her name 2 different ways. Freaking sketchy. I called again and spoke to someone who seemed to have a brain and recognize the problem, but she couldn't do more than write down the problem and take my information again. She gave me a # for management, but I haven't been able to reach anyone. Figures.

short and sweet, Here is my problem:
I paid a lot of money for a rug. I got a rug that is almost half the size I paid for. I want to return it and get my money back, but I can't because in good faith I gave ecowhides too much time to fix it, and they have failed miserably. By now I will be charged a 50%+ "restocking fee."

I cannot afford to send the rug back and not get my money. They have already proven they are a completely unaccountable company that does not stand behind their product and does not respect their customers. The whole company itself is questionable.

Despicable.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/14/2013 01:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ecowhides/internet/Ecowhides-INFURIATINGLY-dismissive-customer-service-never-resolved-egregious-error-Inte-996717. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ecowhides