Complaint Review: Ed Hartwell

• Reported By:Chandler Arizona
Ed Hartwell
http://myspacemailer.net/cgi/main.cgi?EHartwell Internet U.S.A.

Ed Hartwell Rip Off, Scam, Fraud, Liar Plano Texas Internet

*Author of original report: Ed Hartwell, misunderstanding, Ed is actually a fair businessman

*Author of original report: My Last Post On This

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Accuser Still Doesn't see Wrong in Unsupported Accusations

*Author of original report: Ed reads too much into my comments

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Mike W ADMITS Wrongly Accusing Ed Hartwell and MySpaceMailer!!

*Author of original report: Setting the record straight

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Mike Wasdin's $24.95 is REFUNDED -This situation CAUSED BY failed email

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Ed Hartwell Wrongly Accused By Mike, Chandler AR

Bought a product off the Internet, it did not do what the product said it would. The seller advertised a "60-DAY IRONCLAD MONEY BACK

GUARANTEE!! If for any reason, you are not exceptional pleased with

this incredible tool, we will refund your money!!"

I was not satified and emailed the seller twice asking for a refund. I did not receive a reply either time, so I filed a complaint with Pay Pal. Only after filing a complaint with Pay Pal did the seller respond, but still refused to give me a refund (even though he advertised a money back guarantee).

This product is garbage and the seller is a scam artist. Stay away from this product and this seller, he does not honor his guarantee and his product is junk!

Chandler, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/10/2007 05:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ed-Hartwell/internet/Ed-Hartwell-Rip-Off-Scam-Fraud-Liar-Plano-Texas-Internet-266695. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ed Hartwell

Ed Hartwell, misunderstanding, Ed is actually a fair businessman

AUTHOR: Mike - (U.S.A.)

I am writing this after having talked to Ed personally on the phone. This whole thing seems to have been a case of emails never received and my jumping to the wrong conclusion.

After speking with Ed on the phone, I can now say that he is a very fair businessman who because of a email problem was wrongly accused. He has refunded my money and I am more than satified with Ed as a busnessman and a really nice guy. Accept my applogies for this misunderstanding and please look at what Ed has to offer in the way of website prmotions.

Ed has offered to show that his product does work by offering to run a promotion for my website for free. I take back all that was said about Ed, he is an honorable man.

My Last Post On This

AUTHOR: Mike - (U.S.A.)

Ed, I am done with this. I was refunded the money and I am done. You can stay here and plead your case as long as you like. You made an offer, gave an email address (if this was wrong, YOU should have put the right address it should not be up to me to chase you down) you say you never got my emails...whatever, point is I did email you got no reply and said what I said, and only then got your attention.

I will give you the last word on this so go ahead and spin it anyway you like. Truth is you and I are probably the only one who has seen any of this so you are making a lot out of nothing. The only way someone else would even see this is if they typed in your name on a search so go ahead and paint this any way you like, I am done.

#3 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Accuser Still Doesn't see Wrong in Unsupported Accusations

AUTHOR: Ed Hartwell - (U.S.A.)

What you did wrong, Mike, was to accuse MySpaceMailer of being a SCAM, and me a SCAMMER, Lier, and SCAM Artist without any proof. That as the wrong thing to do. Accusing someone or some thing without any proof or evidence is a wrong thing to do.

Doing that is the wrong thing to do. I can't make it any clearer than that. You said you only did that because I did not contact you after two emails. Sorry, but I never got the emails. You might consider being a bit more patient or trying a few more times. Still, accusing me of being a crook essentially is the WRONG thing to do.

Then, after you escalate it to a PayPal Dispute and they refuse to investigate your unfound claims, you bring it here the Complete Rip Off and slander me.

Enough Already! I know you still don't understand why it is wrong. Unless you want to keep this going on, why don't we just let the public decide.

Ed Hartwell

Ed reads too much into my comments

AUTHOR: Mike - (U.S.A.)

No Ed I never said anything that you said I did. What I said was if you would have answered me in your emails maybe none of this would have happened. I responded to the email you used when I bought your product, if this was not the right email, why would you list it?

I was never able to get your product to work, so I asked for a refund that you offered in your advertisement. I responded to the email you listed and heard nothing after 2 emails. Would you think it was a scam if that happened to you? You act as if I did something wrong. I just purchased your product that you claimed had a money back guarantee, then when I could not get it to work I emailed you twice (at the address you listed) and heard nothing. I then took it up with Pay Pal and only then did you respond. Pay Pal seemed to think it was okay to offer a money back guarantee and then not honor it, so I took it up here.

Like I said maybe you have learned a valuable lesson about honoring your guarantees and had you done so in the beginning none of this would have happened.

I am sure you will spin this as I am admitting I was wrong, but in no way am I doing so.

To sum it up, you sold me a product, it did not work (or at least I could not get it to work) I took you up on your guarantee, used the email you provided, heard nothing after 2 emails, took it up with Pay Pal, then brought it here. You can twist this into whatever you like Ed, but I have never admitted I was wrong, only that I appreciated your finally honoring your guarantee.

#5 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Mike W ADMITS Wrongly Accusing Ed Hartwell and MySpaceMailer!!

AUTHOR: Ed Hartwell - (U.S.A.)

Finally, The truth. Mike Admits he wrongly accused My Space Mailer of being a SCAM and Ed Hartwell of being a SCAMMER!

Mike's own Words in part, ". . . I only called his product a scam when I received no reply and he refused to honor his guarantee. Had he responded to my emails, none of this would have happened . . . "

He called my business a SCAM and me a SCAMMER because the email never reached me. Why he didn't just say he had not heard from me is still puzzling. He also could have just asked for the refund. But, no. Mike just started slandering me and MySpaceMailer. Well, finally, he could not support any of his claims.

I start to get upset with people who make inuendo and alligation without having any facts or proof to support them.

I hope Mike will learn the valuable lesson of not to slander people without any proof or evidence to back up the claims against them. What took 14 days could have taken only 2 if he had been a bit less accusatory about the issue.

I hope no prospective customer will think poorly of me or of MySpaceMailer. It is a great program and I am an honest person trying to do an honest business on the Internet.

It also puzzles me why this web site will let anyone slam or accuse anyone, or any company of something without providing any proof or support of the accusations. A site that allows folks to make unfounded accusations against others is just not right.

I hope the authors of this site see fit to remove this entire issue from this site. Before you decide not to purchase MySpaceMailer or do business with me because of this report, please consider that it was unfounded in the first place, and its writer eventually admitted this in his final statement.

Please visit my site at tinyurl.com/2fme3w

Thank you -- Ed Hartwell for MySpaceMailer

Setting the record straight

AUTHOR: Mike - (U.S.A.)

Although I appreciate Ed refunding my money as he promised in his guarantee, he is not being completly honest here. He knows I did send him the emails asking for a refund because I showed him the emails. I only called his product a scam when I received no reply and he refused to honor his guarantee. Had he responded to my emails, none of this would have happened.

Maybe Ed will learn a valuable lesson in all this about honoring his word. Since he is now honoring his guarantee, I consider this matter closed.

#7 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Mike Wasdin's $24.95 is REFUNDED -This situation CAUSED BY failed email

Dear Ed Hartwell,

You have sent a full or partial refund to Mike Wasdin. Note to Buyer:Dear Mike-I have refunded your payment for MySpaceMailer BASIC and disabled it from working with your sys. I'll chock this whole mess up to an email malfunction. Please update your comments on the Complete rip off site regarding me. Thanks - Ed H.

Payment Details----- Date Payment Sent: Jul. 31, 2007 Amount: $24.95 USD Thank you for using PayPal!The PayPal Team Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and click the Help link located in the top right corner of any PayPal page. -----

I shall attribute this entire situation to the email not working when he sent it. Still not sure he did send it. Nevertheless, it looked like he didn't. It looked like he just went to complain to PayPal and declare my business a SCAM and me a SCAM artist. This before even giving me a chance to fix the problem or to refund his money. There was never anything wrong with the mailer, only his inability to use it correctly.

I stand firmly with MySpace Mailer and with my good name and reputation as an honest reputable reseller. His accusations were totally unfounded and unsubstantiated and he has had plenty of opportunity to do so.

I have honored our 60-Day Ironclad Refund policy.

Further, I urge all customers to give your seller a chance before accusing him or her of defrauding you or being a scam artist. If you are going to call something a fraud, please support your claim. There was not one bit of supportive information or proof to his accusations. I sell three or four of these memberships every day and I guess I've achieved a level of success now for a person such as Mike to surface and make accusations about this fine product.

The deal is done. The Refund Made. Thank you for reading this. -- Ed Hartwell

#8 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Ed Hartwell Wrongly Accused By Mike, Chandler AR

AUTHOR: Ed Hartwell - (U.S.A.)

Mike Purchased MySpace Mailer BASIC amd then used it for two days. Shortly after that time he wrote a dispute to PayPal and said that this was a scam and I was a scammer and that he wanted his refund.

I responded by saying that this was no scam as I used it everyday with great success. Further, I asked him to support his claim that it was a scam and explained that I did not appreciate his going to PayPal calling this a scam without even contacting me for resolution of his problem.

He continued with his biligerent accusatory attitude to a point where meaningful disucssion was impossible. I asked him to withdraw his issue with PayPal or to explain how this was a scam. He chose to not respond but to raise the level to a Pay Pal investigation. Unfortunately, PayPal did not decide in his favor so he is trying to get a pound of flesh by posting his complain here.

I further asked him to contact me at either of my email addresses for further discussion. He declined.

When he reported me to Paypal as operating a SCAM and continued to not support it that really upset me as this is no scam.

To get your refund all you need to do is to contact me at [email protected] and ask for it. It is that simple. It would also be nice to stop slandering my name all over the place also. -- Ed

904-272-5789