Complaint Review: Ed Moses Dodge

• Submitted: Tue, September 05, 2000
  • Updated: Tue, September 05, 2000

• Reported By:Mesa Az
Ed Moses Dodge
7801 East Frank Lloyd Wright Blvd. Scottsdale, Arizona U.S.A.

Ed Moses Dodge .. Shady Car Dealership .. "If you can't trust Moses, who can you trust"

My story consists of my buying a 1995 Dodge Avenger at Ed Moses Dodge on Frank Lloyd Wright Blvd. in Scottsdale,Az. I bought the car in April and Greg Mccloud was the finance manager, he financed me through Centrix resource Systems and gave me a 3,000 mile or 3 month warranty for all repairs, well, after walking out of the dealership, I noticed on my contract the mileage was 3,000 or more miles over what was really on the odometer, so I advised Greg of this and he said, "don't worry about it, if anything goes wrong, we'll take care of it".

Well, about a month later the car broke down and they gave me hell about towing it and fixing it for free, so we went round and round about the mileage and finally they said they would rig it to work and sign me up for a service contract with Chrysler and I'd have to wait 30 days for them to complete any service. The reasoning behind this is they're not allowed to sign me up for an extended warranty after signing me with the car, they have to take care of all warranties at the point of sale.. I was back with the car the following day..It broke down after they rigged it..Not to mention the fact that Greg Mccloud doesn't work there anymore..

Now, I have a 36,000 mile warranty and backed by Chrysler, but it's now September and the car has been in the shop 7 times (and I have all the service receipts), I've had 4 rent-a-cars and it's been towed twice, and guess what, the problem I started out with is still occurring..They replaced plenty of parts around the transmission, but I'm pretty sure I need a new one..It only has 60,000 miles on it and shakes while doing 80mph...And it's supposed to be a high performance vehicle...That's a joke!!! And the best they could offer me was a 2000 Dodge Avenger but they would treat me as someone that just walked in the door and I would pay more, of course, and also have a higher interest rate and of course, qualify for the 2000 as well....Now, who's really getting a deal here?

My car is a lemon and I've only had it 5 months..I need help!!! I lost my last job at Conseco finance because of this car..All my attendance records have to do with the performance of my vehicle...I advised Ed Moses Jr. of this and he advised one of his finance Managers to have my lawyer speak with theirs...He doesn't care about his customers and claims to be a 5-star dealership....

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/05/2000 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ed-Moses-Dodge/Scottsdale-Arizona-85260-1002/Ed-Moses-Dodge-Shady-Car-Dealership-If-you-cant-trust-Moses-who-can-you-trust-3175. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ed Moses Dodge