Complaint Review: Ed Murzin - Hire The Gardener

• Reported By: Mr. B — Milton Ontario Canada
Ed Murzin - Hire The Gardener
Milton, Ontario Canada

Ed Murzin - Hire The Gardener - Milton, Ontario Canada

In November I needed my parents property cleaned up (leaves raked, brush moved, etc.) as they were away on vacation and I did not have the time to do it.

I called Ed Murzin from Hire The Gardner because his number was the first I came across in my Google search. I explained to Ed exactly what I needed to be done and told him that I do not want to spend more than $150. He agreed. His crew works on an hourly wage so this should be easy - Once the time is up, the job is done. Right?

After the job was complete, which I'll admit looked great, I called Ed to settle up on what I owed him. To my surprise here is what he told me: "I understand that you didn't want to spend more than $150 but because of the size of the job it will now cost $250." He said he tried to call me but I received no calls or voice mails. We went back and forth for about a minute about the price but just to avoid an argument I agreed to pay the bill. I know, I know, I shouldn't have paid it.

I was stiffed here for $100. It's not much and it's not going to break me but it's worth a mention on here. In the future, for jobs like this, I will be paying up front. Lesson learned!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/10/2012 07:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ed-Murzin-Hire-The-Gardener/Milton-Ontario-/Ed-Murzin-Hire-The-Gardener-Milton-Ontario-Canada-980373. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ed Murzin - Hire The Gardener