Complaint Review: Eddie S Signo

• Updated: Fri, August 23, 2013

• Reported By: anonymous — Elizabeth New Jersey United States of America
Eddie S Signo
750 Newark Ave elizabeth, New Jersey United States of America

Eddie S Signo Signo and Sons Working construction without License, Took deposit without doing any work. abandoned the work and left with money. Cheats!!! elizabeth, New Jersey

*Consumer Comment: Reporting Eddie Signo to police

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: eddie signo please listen to what I have to say

*Consumer Comment: Eddie Signo also listed under David's Home Repairs on craigslist

*Consumer Comment: Eddie Signo poses as "Shawn" the painter - and took our deposit

*Consumer Comment: New phone # 201 208 7855

*Consumer Comment: I have been scammed by Eddie for 7000$

*Consumer Comment: scam artist signo & sons

*Consumer Comment: Even I have been cheated by the same team

*General Comment: my name is mike

*Consumer Comment: I GOT CHEATED TOO

*Consumer Comment: Ripped off too

*Consumer Comment: Ripped off too

Eddie S Signo, works with his father, brothers and cousin. they work out of Elizabeth New Jersey. They have listings on Craigslist. Please do not hire them for any construction work. They are operating without a license, when we requested to see their license and Insurance, they threw a temper tantrum, sent us copies of what looked like very flimsy/fake documentation via text and made excuses for why they could not show us original copies of their construction license and insurance. In addition they drew up a flimsy contract for us that looked like a 5 year old typed on plain paper with the header "Brothers Construction" with no address or accurate contract details. When we demanded they produce correct documentation before they continue with our job, to make us comfortable that they are legit and before we can hand out any more of our hard earned money, they quit the job without doing even one thing, left our home open with the Key in the door, and refused to return our $950 deposit or to even at least do work worth $950 that we had already paid for in our home. They also insulted us on the phone and acted very very unprofessional because we demanded to see their construction license. I will never again use a contractor off craigslist nor will i ever give a deposit before asking to see a license, insurance information and proper working contract because of my experience with Eddie S Signo and his family.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/28/2013 05:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Eddie-S-Signo/elizabeth-New-Jersey-/Eddie-S-Signo-Signo-and-Sons-Working-construction-without-License-Took-deposit-without-do-1005028. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Eddie S Signo

Reporting Eddie Signo to police

AUTHOR: Rduke007 - ()

A craigs list poster is meeting with Westfield Police Detective Lieberman tommorrow.

Anyone who has been scammed should contact him via his CL link

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

eddie signo please listen to what I have to say

AUTHOR: eddie s signo - ()

I'm eddie signo u guys are just trying to mess with me the guy with 7000 thousand the was for 13000 I was working for you in your dr office I gave u lincense insurance I ask u for permits u said ill bring theme tomorrow then u kept on saying that then I calles the city to see if there was permits and there wasn't so u got tickets n I got all material n worked for 2 weeks plus gas it cost me $4986.98 so for my labor u paid 2000 sorry but I don't work for free also that pic of me is a mug shot cos in ocoee fl me n my wife was walking playing n she said stop n sceaming but we was playing a guy called the police they seen I was good they released me my number is (908) 485-5428 everyone else please call i don't no what I did to you I don't ecept cash only chech n I don't take deposite onless half work is done I could prove that

Eddie Signo also listed under David's Home Repairs on craigslist

AUTHOR: Whitney - ()

I've also been scammed out of $500 by this father and son team.  They posted an ad on craigslist under "David's Home Repair."  David is one of the sons presumably and his number is 2014928817.

I emailed for a quote on having shutters installed.  David, two brothers, and his father (going by Sonny) showed up at my house the next day.  After agreeing on the price, I signed a one-pager contract with the following contact info on it:

J&E Home Repairs & Renovations
750 Newark Ave
Elizabeth, NJ 07208
732-770-1016

I stupidly agreed to give a $500 deposit on the project and they did an afternoon of work.  When I went out to check, their work on the shutters was horrible. Screws in the middle of the panel, used drywall screws to attach the shutters.  When I asked what type of screw they were using, they also lied and said aluminum screws.  After getting through about 60% of the work, they never showed up again and now return no phone calls.  Horrible ethics to abandon work like this, but my own fault for not checking their background better.

Eddie Signo poses as "Shawn" the painter - and took our deposit

AUTHOR: Ripped off in NJ - ()

My boyfriend and I responded to a craigslist add while looking for a painter to come and paint our apartment.

A black pickup truck (newer model, we think it was a Dodge ram) with a younger man driving, and an older man in the front seat (approx 2-3 guys in the back) pulled up and 2 men got out (the driver and older man in passenger seat).

The younger gentleman introduced himself as "Shawn", the other man did not give us a name. We took them around and showed them our apartment and discussed what needed to be done. He quoted us $750 for the job. We told him we'd think about it and let him know. After deciding that was a fair price, we texted Shawn that we'd like to proceed with the work and he said he'd be over at our house at 11am to collect the deposit, go get supplies and start on the work.

At 11:30am the next day, Shawn showed up with a printed agreement of the scope of work, and he and my boyfriend signed the paperwork. My boyfriend gave him a check for $375 and off Shawn went. After 3 hours went by my boyfriend called Shawn to find out where he was, and Shawn claimed to be looking for his brother that went missing.

We kept trying to get a hold of him, and he would answer his phone, but come up with excuses as to why he couldn't come. My boyfriend called the bank to put a stop payment on the check, and was told that they wouldn't process the payment, but we still won't know until Tuesday if this is confirmed. After Shawn agreed to meet us at 4:45pm that day, he stopped answering our phone calls.

The company name was "J&E Home Repairs and Renovations with the 750 Neward Ave, Elizabeth NJ address. The number we were using to reach "Shawn" is: 732-770-1016

Is there anything we can do stop him from doing this to other people? We're more than willing to work together with others to get justice!

New phone # 201 208 7855

AUTHOR: Nirlesh - ()

New phone # 201 208 7855 for Eddie

I have been scammed by Eddie for 7000$

AUTHOR: Nirlesh - ()

I have been also  scammed by Eddie for 7000$

What can be done so that he does not do to more people. He is doing this everyday,

scam artist signo & sons

AUTHOR: Mike - ()

I don't think we could do much without getting updated info on where they live at. These people are still out their scamming others. Signo has a history of doing criminal activities in different towns of NJ and PA. I'm hopping that these people will get caught one day!!!

Even I have been cheated by the same team

AUTHOR: Tim - ()

Is there a way we can bring this team behind bars?

#9 General Comment

my name is mike

AUTHOR: Mike - ()

i been scamed by these same group of people over $5000. i need help!! please respond to me if anybody has any updated info get these scumbags!!

I GOT CHEATED TOO

AUTHOR: MIKE - (United States of America)

I wanted masonry work to be done at my house. He came and gave me a $2,000 quote and asked for a $1000 deposit. I was dumb enough to do that. He came to work the next day and did a terrible job and I told them that I want my deposit back. They said they were going to come back and fix it and they just stopped answering my phone calls. I took Jason Cooper to court and he never showed up because the addresses he gives aren't where they live. I set them up in a town and had the police there. they ended up towing there Ford explorer because they do not have driver licenses. The person who I dealt with was I believe their cousin Jason Cooper. The other people that are involved in this scam is Eddie Signo(Demetro) and Josh Demetro.
Sonny Signo address - 714 Adams Ave, Elizabeth NJ 07201
Eddie Signo - 750 Newark Ave, Elizabeth NJ 07271
Josh Demetro - 518 Burnham Road, Elizabeth NJ 07271

The address I sent my court papers to - 628 Monroe Ave, Elizabeth NJ
BUT I dont believe anyone lives there

Phone numbers I have on these people are:
908-502-6952
908-759-8718
201-892-6144
201-705-0700
407-373-8189

what is your email I would like to contact you and i would like to file another court case with them and I would like to file it with you

Ripped off too

AUTHOR: Tinida - (USA)

I was also ripped off by eddie Signo on 2/11/13

He came to home and gave an estimate for my bathroom

I gave him 600 and 293 for material

He never returned and he I called there was nothing but excuses please contact me I need all the information I can get to sue him in small claims court (((email redacted)))

Ripped off too