Complaint Review: Edebitpay, Edpreporting

• Submitted: Fri, January 13, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, March 06, 2006

• Reported By:cumberland Maryland
Edebitpay, Edpreporting
5301 Laurel Canyon Blvd. Suite 132 Valley Village, California U.S.A.

Edebitpay, Edpreporting Ripoff fraudulant billing, horrible customer service, invalid email and phone numbers Valley Village California *EDitor's Suggestions on how to get your money back into your bank account!

*Consumer Suggestion: Their employees

*UPDATE Employee: WOW

*Consumer Comment: How much do they pay Brigett to post her crap to every complaint about Edebitpay?

*Consumer Suggestion: YouSound Like A Broken Record READ What People Post!

*Author of original report: Edpreporting aka EDebitpay.com

I was checking my checking account on my internet banker and saw that i was charged 159.95 then an overdraft fee from my bank of 38.00 totaling 197.66 from EDebitpay or EDPreporting.com.

I contacted the payment processing number 480-924-3100 and they informed me to call the other number 800-430-0672. I tried that number about a dozen times and kept getting hung up on and directed to use their website.

I emailed them several times but no response. I then decided to try to live chat. I was chatting with Valeska and i told her my situation. She said the only thing she could do is send me fraud forms to give to police to fill out then fax her the form back with bank statement of the fraud charge and then when they hear from police "IF" it is fraud they will then refund the money.

I contacted my bank and they told me to come in and fill out some papers involving this matter. i will be doing that and i will be contacting a lawyer on this matter..i am a mother of 2 boys working part time and i do not have time for this petty B.S. and overcharges to my account.

I recommend not to use that service anymore.. they are frauds and sooner or later they will get revenge for what they are doing do hundreds of innocent people.

cumberland, Maryland

EDitor's Suggestions on how to get your money back!

Go to your bank within 60 days of the charge, or as soon as you know about the charge, don't delay, and tell them that there has been fraudulent activity within your account. Explain that you wish to file a dispute, and demand that they assist you in accordance with Federal Regulation E.

According to the majority of victims interviewed by Rip-off Report, those who immediately called their banks to dispute the charges did not get very far. Many victims got the following responses from their banks: we could not do anything for you or you waited too long; it has been more than 60 days.

If the bank is says that you have waited too long, explain to them how you called their 800 number as soon as the charges were found, and were told by the bank that nothing could be done. Remind the bank that they failed to assist you properly at the 800 #, and instead, provided you with an inadequate explanation of your right to dispute. Tell the bank that it's their fault time has expired, and since they gave you the wrong info to begin with, they will just have to deal with it, take the loss and reverse the charges.

Tell them the truth; this was unauthorized and your account was NOT to be charged! Keep emphasizing how you never authorized anything! Direct them to the hundreds of victims reports that were filed on Rip-off Report.com. And if you're at the bank, walk them over to their computer and make them go to this site! If you are on the phone with them, tell them you will wait while they access this site! Either way, be persistent!

Let them know nicely, that you were advised to Report them (the Bank) and this situation to the Banking Commission in your state. Since each state has a different name for the agency/controller over banks, find that name before you call or get to the bank so you can throw it in their face. The more knowledgeable you appear to be, the further you will get.

And just continue to demand the Federal Regulation E form! The bank CAN, MUST and WILL reverse the charge! But, you must be persistent; ask to speak to the supervisor or the area manager for all the branches in the state.

Let the bank personnel know you are meeting with the media later in the day, that you would much rather they do the right thing (as most other banks have) by looking at the complaints and immediately reversing the charge(s) to your account; no matter how long ago it was. Be sure to call the Media if necessary so you are telling the truth.

If you have to, be loud (but nice) in front of other customers. If you are just calling by phone, the above tactics should still work. The bank can easily fax or mail to you the Federal Regulation E dispute form.

If the charge was to your credit card (not debit card, check card, or checking account), contact the credit card company as soon as possible to request a dispute form. Consumers usually have a little longer to dispute fraudulent credit card charges (up to 6 months), but it is better to act right away. In this type of situation, credit card disputes are usually successful since fraudulent companies often won't contest the disputed charge. In rare cases, credit card companies will review disputes, but refuse to reverse the charges. If this occurs, complain to a manager and let them know you will be filing a report here.

Remember Don't let them get away with it! Make sure they make the Rip-off Report .. The more Reports filed on a Company or individual, the more likely it is that the authorities, media and attorneys will want to take action.

And good luck Let us know how you do!

ED Magedson Founder, Rip-off Report.com & Author of www.ripoffrevenge.com

Don't let them get away with it.
Make sure they make the Rip-off Report!

We are not lawyers.
We are not a collection agency.

We are Consumer Advocates.
...the victims' advocate

WE are Civil and Human Rights Activists

We are a Worldwide Consumer Reporting News Agency
...by consumers, for consumers

CLICK HERE to read about Credit Card Scams... find out how to get your money back. *Rip-off Report Investigation provides valuable information.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/13/2006 11:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Edebitpay-Edpreporting/Valley-Village-California-91607/Edebitpay-Edpreporting-Ripoff-fraudulant-billing-horrible-customer-service-invalid-emai-171619. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Edebitpay, Edpreporting

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Their employees

AUTHOR: Paris - (U.S.A.)

Look at Bridgetts responses and you will see a very uneducated amount of speaking. She mispells her words, speaks in slang, and uses words (patients instead pf patience) that do not make sense. That should be a huge clue what kind of company you are dealing with. It is very obvious they hire just any uneducated slum off of the streets. If a company is legit and cares, they will hire only the best most qualified individuals to represent them.

AUTHOR: Dena - (U.S.A.)

I cannot believe that every single post I have read about the fraud that is committed by this company , has been responded to by their "only employee" Brigett? Or atleast she seems to be their only employee. Wow Brigett, how much do they pay you to respond to each of us who have had money stolen from our accounts from edebitpay?

Come on now, how many complaints are their? Get real and find a real job , an honest one.

So are you saying that you have the right to use trickery into scamming people? Is it your pocket our hard earned money is going into? Sure...you are part of the company, and you're stealing our money...you are a theif! Deceit is fraud !
and as for your comment that ...
"The application was submitted fully authorized for the charge & agreed to the terms & conditions."

I have to say bull----! I didn't hit the submit button, I closed out of the aplication when It "finally" told me there was a charge and that it was a debit card ! Why the heck would anyone want to buy a debit card? Most all of us already have one through our bank ! And I did read EVERYTHING ! tThat is why I closed out..but you still stole my money...I never agreed to anything ! I was told by your processing company that for you not to take our money, that we would have had to go back through the application and erased each and every bit of info that we entered. That even though we dont hit that "submit button" , you still get a hold on our info ! That my dear Brigett , is stealing and committing a deceitful act ! How do we say anything else to stand up to someone with no moral ethics in place and no conscience ?

Just quit posting your lies..too many of us has been there ! I live right around the corner from you Christina in Cumberland , and I am with you 100% !

AUTHOR: Bridgett - (U.S.A.)

Might I suggest to you to do a little more research before critizing. Our website email is and always have been good and the phone lines are working perfect. Is it possible for someone not to have the patients as others or perhaps could it be the time difference from state to state your referring to. Your advise is always appreciated. THERE'S ALWAYS TWO SIDES TO A STORY!!

#5 Consumer Suggestion

YouSound Like A Broken Record READ What People Post!

AUTHOR: S.n. - (U.S.A.)

If your website emails are no good and your phone lines are so tied up that no one can get through, and I have personally stopped trying to count how many complaints there are for this company on this board alone, then your company is the one with the problem. I suggested contacting the companies everyone was trying to do business with in a previous post, but I think I would also advise contacting the Attorney General's office in your state and the state where this company is located. Good luck.

AUTHOR: Bridgett - (U.S.A.)

THERE IS ONLY 1 WAY FOR A CHARGE TO HAPPEN WE HAVE THE PROOF OF AUTHORIZATION FOR PREPAID DEBIT CARD: CHRISTINA OF CUMBERLAND MARYLAND ordered online The application was submitted fully authorized for the charge & agreed to the terms & conditions. The application is divided into 2 separate screens. The companies we support are regulated, monitored & compliant, the app is purposely 2 screens (not just 1 or 1 button) to discourage an applicant that doesn't agree & authorize the one time fee, terms & conditions from submitting. Requiring each screen to be completed, authorized & agreed to by the applicant. You can not go to the next screen before acknowledging you've read the terms & conditions which state the one time fee would come out of the bank account entered. Before filling anything out the first screen gives all the information about the prepaid card allowing the customer to make an educated decision whether or not to apply for the prepaid card 2 part application. As a support center we recommend to CHRISTINA OF CUMBERLAND MARYLAND before acknowledging having read terms & conditions take the time to actually read them & before entering personal info like banking info to understand what fee is being authored.

Edpreporting aka EDebitpay.com

AUTHOR: Christina - (U.S.A.)

ALso if you just go to the website EDebitpay.com and browse thru the site youll notice that it is not well organized, put together well, and doesnt have much information to show. Also the contact information is invalid. you can email til your blue in the face and no response and you can try the live chat good luck on that one. all together this website is a scam and needs to be stopped.