Complaint Review: Edebitpay

• Submitted: Wed, May 02, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, May 02, 2007

• Reported By:Jonesboro Georgia
Edebitpay
5301 Laurel Canyon Blvd., Ste # 132 Valley Village, California U.S.A.

Edebitpay ripoff dishonest fraudulent billing Ripoff Valley Village California

I was online line applying for pay day loans. While completing the application process for the pay day loans several pop ups appeared. I didn't pay much attention to the names or products they were advertising. I would just click the x box in the corners to close them.

Somehow my checking account information got mix in with Edebitpay information. When looking at my banking activity online I discovered my checking account had been debited for $159.95 by this company. I unknowingly applied for some debit card that I would never apply for because I have one through my bank and I would never pay $159.00 for a debit card.

I have contacted my bank but they are holding me responsible for this unauthorized charge. They told me that Edebitpay is a processing company that is part of the pay day loan company I was trying to use. I plan to dispute this further with my bank.

When I contacted Edebitpay they told me that I completed an online application with their company even after I explained what I was doing online at the time and had never heard of their company. They told me that they would email me a Adobe copy of some fraud form that I would need to take the the police department and have them complete. Then I would need to send them a copy of the form along with proof that the $159.00 was debited from my account.

Afterward, they are suppose to contact the police department and an officer will need declare this fraudulent activity before I could receive a refund.

I can't beleive that something like this could happen so fast without my knowledge of it ever happening. I felt that others should know about Edebitpay and the scaming practices they use.

Carolyn
Jonesboro, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/02/2007 04:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Edebitpay/Valley-Village-California-91607/Edebitpay-ripoff-dishonest-fraudulent-billing-Ripoff-Valley-Village-California-246586. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Edebitpay