Complaint Review: Eden Relocation

• Reported By: Farmer Fran — Ewa Beach Hawaii United States of America
Eden Relocation
11668 Tuxford St Los Angeles, California United States of America

Eden Relocation Stole everything of value Los Angeles, California

Do not use. My original shipper tried to force me to change my shipping date: do what we say or else. So I called Eden Relocation. The people I dealt with spoke poor English. They told me I needed to palatize my shipment so it could be crated and sent to Hawaii.(totally unnecessary as you will see later) They then kept calling to see if my shipment was ready, well before the date we had agreed upon.

IWhen they could not manage the correct date I had to fly out to Hawaii so my kids were left to deal with these...people. Eden Relocations missed pick up dates, could not get the address or the phone number right. They called me over and over in Hawaii, even though I told them the pick up was in Kentucky.

They sent UPS to pick up my shipment of 3 pallets. My son gave them the printout shipping list the company sends you to determine billing.

When the shipment arrived in Hawaii, it was not crated, but was broken up and smashed: my personal belongings were in the back of a rental van. I did an inventory and my shotgun was immediately missing to my eyes. Later I found the largest box I had shipped with numbered and signed paintings was missing, as was my small box of computer items (headphoens, keyboard, joystick, monitor, etc) and games. Most of my stuff was older and outdated and still totaled over $1700 dollars of damaged or missing items.

They did NOT give me a bill of lading at receipt, basically so they could say anything stolen or damaged was not written down.

I contacted the Honolulu police upon receiving my shipment but they could do little to help me. They made some phone calls to southern Cal but oh well...

I understand all shippers are crooked and thieves, but I never lost anything in years with shipping with the army. Do not use these people or you will regret it. Ship everything in one giant crate yourself or sell it all.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/31/2012 08:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Eden-Relocation/Los-Angeles-California-91352/Eden-Relocation-Stole-everything-of-value-Los-Angeles-California-890995. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Eden Relocation