Complaint Review: EdgeCast

• Submitted: Thu, October 21, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, November 19, 2010

• Reported By: Raj — Columbia Maryland United States of America
EdgeCast
2850 Ocean Park Blvd, Suite 110 Santa Monica, California United States of America

EdgeCast EdgeCast.com EdgeCast CDN - A total Rip Off company - Do Not Sign Any Contract Santa Monica, California

*Author of original report: Retraction and Clarification of Position

My company has signed a contract with this really poorly managed company - www.edgecast.com for their content delivery services. My team and I have contacted them a multiple times to set up our account but they have not done so.

They have been taking $400/month for last 14 months but have not set up our account as yet.  Their managers are trained to not hold up to their commitment either.  Lately, they have also been charging us account overage fees - but the account is not set up yet - then how can this company keep charging us this kind of overage fees?

Today, I talked to their manager again - and he told me over the phone that he will get me the refund.  Then he emailed me that he cannot provide me the refund because "...Its very difficult for the team [his team] to re-open old months and change the figures as that takes a lot of effort and involves additional auditing.  The team will not expend additional resources on that process..."

So in this manager's words..basically doing the right thing will take a lot of work and he does not want to take that time.

Not only that, he also does not have any respect for the law either.  He does not understand the basics of contracts law.  Which fundamentally states that the service for which the contract has been agreed upon must be provded.  If for any reason the service is not provided, the company that is not able to provide the service is violting the terms of the contract.  I have more than enough proof in his own words that I can take to Civil Court and win this in matter of minutes.

This company, edgecast.com, has breached our contract for over 14 months and from the managers emails, my humble opinion is that these guys are cooking their books too.  I seriously have never seen a VC backed company to come out and purely say that they will not honor the contractual bindings.

Next, I am going to call Pravin Vazirani, managing director at Menlo Ventures, who recently joined the EdgeCast board of directors and will see if I can get their books opend up.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/21/2010 09:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EdgeCast/Santa-Monica-California-90405/EdgeCast-EdgeCastcom-EdgeCast-CDN-A-total-Rip-Off-company-Do-Not-Sign-Any-Contract-S-653871. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EdgeCast

Retraction and Clarification of Position

AUTHOR: Raj - (United States of America)

Over past couple of weeks, Edge Cast has worked very hard with my company to reach a very amicable solution to our initial frustration.  Upon communication with the higher management, the Edge Cast team set-up a panel to review the issues we were having.

Our primary frustration appeared to stem from the fact that Edge Cast defined an account setup as providing the customer with a username and password to login to their Media Control Center while our company felt that the setup included helping us with configuring our URLs and helping us with setting up DNS for our website.

Upon reviewing our terms with the team, it became clear that those tasks were beyond companys control and responsibility.  Furthermore, the company effectively demonstrated that the file download speed was roughly 7 times higher & had better availability when using their CDN services.

For the record, I would also like to state that once the problem became clear the team was very responsive, flexible and went above and beyond the call of duty to make sure that we received a quality service.

In summary,  I felt it was important to update this post in order to clear the record.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC