Complaint Review: Edgestar

• Reported By: Ms. Brooks — culver city California
Edgestar
PO Box 81336 Austin, Texas 78708 Austin, Texas USA

Edgestar Edgestar gets 5 stars in Customer DIS-satisfaction Austin Texas

I took delivery of my new Edgestar washer/dryer combo for my rental unit, Friday 5/3 and it malfunctioned on the third load of laundry. When I called technical support to request service, Mike Taylor the customer support guy told me, a 100 lb woman, to pull the 300 lb unit out and "reset it." Given the weight of the machine, I politely told Mr. Taylor that I paid two guys to install it for me and I'd have to hire them again to pull it out so it could be reset. He suggested I do that. Shocked at his flip answer and blatant aversion to customer service, I asked Mr. Taylor to send somebody over to assess the issue and correct it since I only had the machine for 3 days. He said he couldn't do that. I then asked to be transferred to his supervisor, which he said he could not do either. I asked Mr. Taylor if he was the owner, to which he replied, no, but he has ultimate power. Really? Thanks to Mike Taylor, I will be reporting Edgestar to the Better Business Bureau. They are crooks, do not do business with this company!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/07/2013 02:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Edgestar/Austin-Texas-78708/Edgestar-Edgestar-gets-5-stars-in-Customer-DIS-satisfaction-Austin-Texas-1049130. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Edgestar