Complaint Review: Edina Technical Products

• Updated: Tue, August 02, 2011

• Reported By: Dianne — Town of Dundas Ontario Canada
Edina Technical Products
Nathan Lane Minneapolis, Minnesota United States of America

Edina Technical Products I purchased 3 combo vending machines in 2002. Phoned company earlier this year to order replacement parts, and discovered the company is no longer in business. Minneapolis, Minnesota

I called the company earlier this year to order replacement parts for the 3 combination snack vending machines I purchased in 2002. I was informed that Edina went out of business the year before, and the person who answered the phone for the new company with Edina's phone number was unable to tell me where the unused stock was located and how I might be able to order what I needed.

The cost of the machines was just under 5,000 dollars each, and there was misrepresentation of income potential. The so-called references listed in the colourful and impressive sales package were non-existent, as was the bank statement and fictitious address of the warehouse in Ontario.

I foolishly left a 500 dollar deposit with the sales representative in Toronto, but he did meet me again to complete the sale and accept the balance of payment. When I tried to contact this individual again, his whereabouts were unknown, as well as his associate's, who placed the machines in 3 locations, but these were not profitable and I had to find my own locations shortly afterwards.

If there is a lawsuit filed, I would like to be informed, and perhaps receive some sort of compensation for not being able to buy the necessary replacement parts.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/02/2011 09:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Edina-Technical-Products/Minneapolis-Minnesota-/Edina-Technical-Products-I-purchased-3-combo-vending-machines-in-2002-Phoned-company-ear-760064. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Edina Technical Products