Complaint Review: Editors Readers Service Aka Consolidated Readers

• Submitted: Tue, April 15, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, April 15, 2008

• Reported By:Winchendon Massachusetts
Editors Readers Service Aka Consolidated Readers
975 Hertel Ave Buffalo, New York U.S.A.

Editors Reading Choice Aka Consolidated Readers Trying to ripoff 104 dollars and 1200 in lawyers fees Buffalo New York

My mother is recieveing threatening phone calls from this man named Timothy Morgan from the company called Editors Readers Service. He claims that over 5 years ago, she took out a subscription for over 7 magazines and never paid them and then signed my older cousin as a reference. He has been harassing her and my cousin over the past two days, pressuring my mother to give a credit card or debit card.

After checking her bankruptcy report, as well as her credit score and credit history and finding nothing whatsoever about this man, and then questioning myself, she has no idea what to do. The man is pressuring her into overnighting a payment, something we cannot afford at this time. And when she suggests that a written statement be sent, the man refuses. He gives the name of his sister company in Buffalo NY as a place for the money to be sent. I'm trying to convince her not to send any money, but its causing a huge rift in my usual tight knit family. My cousin thinks she forged her signature and alot of things are going on because of this. The man is claiming he can go after my cousin for the money if we do not pay him.

What should I do??

Jenni
Winchendon, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/15/2008 01:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Editors-Readers-Service-Aka-Consolidated-Readers/Buffalo-New-York-14216/Editors-Reading-Choice-Aka-Consolidated-Readers-Trying-to-ripoff-104-dollars-and-1200-in-l-326259. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Editors Readers Service Aka Consolidated Readers