Complaint Review: Eds' Service Center, Inc.

• Submitted: Sat, June 24, 2000
  • Updated: Sat, June 24, 2000

• Reported By:
Eds' Service Center, Inc.
3607 Mormon Coulee Rd Lacrosse, Wisconsin U.S.A.

car repair

My window motor burnt out and I needed it replaced. They took the panel off(it was a Sunday-the only time I have to get it fixed because of work) and then called the place they get parts from but they were out so they told me to come back next Saturday and they would replace the motor then-they left the door panel off. I got home half noticing the dome light was on but not thinking anything of it. The next day at 4am when I was going to work my battery was dead because of that dome light. I had to call a tow truck and try to jump it. No go-that battery was DEAD! They towed it to Eds' and I told them what was wrong and left. Two days later they said it would cost $114 for a battery(including installation) and said it wasn't their fault the battery died!!!(Although on the revised worksheet they note the dome light "somehow" came on and caused the battery to die) I'm out $37 for the tow and $114 for the battery and I didn't even get my window fixed. I told them leave it they have cost me enough. My brother has a autobody shop and I'll take it there soon. This has been a warning about Eds' Service Center, Inc.-watch out!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/24/2000 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Eds-Service-Center-Inc/Lacrosse-Wisconsin-54601/car-repair-2525. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Eds' Service Center, Inc.