Complaint Review: Educational Credit Management Corp

• Updated: Fri, January 28, 2011

• Reported By: Dalia — Riverton Wyoming United States of America
Educational Credit Management Corp
Box 1708 St Paul, Minnesota United States of America

Educational Credit Management Corp US Department of Education ECMC is ripping off students by taking money for student loans paid off long ago. St Paul, Minnesota

I had student loans that went into default. I ended up paying approx. 400.00 a month for over three years through garnishment of my pay check. In addition, a few income tax checks were taken. I started recieving notices about two years ago from Educational Credit Management Corp claiming they had bought my defaulted loans and were going to collect. Funny thing is, about the time I paid them off, this ECMC showed up.

I contacted an Ombudsman and thought it was settled until they took my 2687.00 income tax refund for the tax year of 2010. I want to know why these people don't have to prove their case. I want to know why I have to prove mine. If any of you out there can tell me what avenues to go down for legal recourse, it would be gratefully welcomed. Also, if there are others, and I know there are that is how this place operates, I would be interested in being a part of any case going or starting one. I am going to start with the attorney general and work from there.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/28/2011 10:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Educational-Credit-Management-Corp/St-Paul-Minnesota-55101/Educational-Credit-Management-Corp-US-Department-of-Education-ECMC-is-ripping-off-students-687957. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Educational Credit Management Corp