Complaint Review: Educational Credit Management Corporation

• Updated: Mon, February 28, 2011

• Reported By: JBeavers — Glen Burnie Maryland United States of America
Educational Credit Management Corporation
Lock Box 7690, P.O. Box 75848 Internet United States of America

Educational Credit Management Corporation ECMC Stole my tax refund while I was already on a payment plan WTF........ Internet

I have recently experienced my taxes being taken by ECMC WHILE on a payment . To my knowledge I have been doing everything in my power to stay on top of my loans. I was not aware that my loans had been sent to a creditor until I pulled my credit report last year. I was under the impression that my loans had been deferred by Sallie Mae once I had my second child.  I immediately got in contact with ECMC and set up a payment plan last year. Every month an automated draft has been deducted from my account for the last several months. To my surprise, when checking on my tax return, I found that over $6,000 was taken by ECMC.
I was told that this was because of a missing signature. I had just spoken to a young lady named Megan last week about paper work and informed her that I never received anything but receipts for the payments that were made. She told me that she would send me out the form.
Once I received the form, I immediately faxed the papers back to 651-325-3359.
I am a straight A student, with two children 3 and 5. I would love to return to school and finish up my degree, but with the lack of communication and the hardship that this incident will put me in, that will be very difficult.
I have asked that because I have already been set up on a payment plan and kept my promise for the last several months and ECME has all documentation needed, that my refund be return to me as I believe this should have never gone this far. While many will look at this as “extra” money, every year our return is used to pay childcare (including summer care for 2 small children) and special education services needed for my 5 year old. Without our return we are in jeopardy of everything else falling behind as we will have to find a way to pay for these services, which are not cheap, for the remainder of the year.

ECMC has really screwed us over!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/28/2011 12:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Educational-Credit-Management-Corporation/internet/Educational-Credit-Management-Corporation-ECMC-Stole-my-tax-refund-while-I-was-already-on-700855. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Educational Credit Management Corporation