Complaint Review: Educational Funding Company

• Submitted: Wed, February 18, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, June 29, 2009

• Reported By:Arlington Heights Illinois
Educational Funding Company
4740 Chevy Chase Drive #200 4740 Chevy Chase, Maryland U.S.A.

Educational Funding Company Ultimate Irony: Lack of Integrity from a company that Markets itself as teaching integrity 4740 Chevy Chase Maryland

*UPDATE Employee: Further response

*UPDATE Employee: Response

Assou Harvard with Champion Jiu Jitsu in Arlington Heights IL made an agreement with me in regard to my son taking jiu jitsu lessons at his studio. I was wary of signing a 12 mo' agreement but he assured me that I could get out of the agreement if I gave him written notice.

My son started the class in April 08 and in Aug 08 I provided written notice that my son wishes to discontinue his classes.

I received no response from Mr Harvard. After multiple attempts to contact him http://www.championjiujitsu.com/contact.html I received an email in December of 08 from "Julianne" that said she was the one that made an agreement with me and she clearly stated the terms of the agreement (Both of which are a lie), and if i wanted a refund that i had to contact Educational Funding Company for it.

After multiple calls to Educational Funding Company I got in touch with a Cliff Quarrie who told me that he would assist on getting me a refund if I emailed him the corespondence that i had with Champion Jiu Jitsu noting my cancelation. The email he gave me was cliffquarrie@yahoo.com.

I sent multiple emails to Cliff Quarrie with no response. I had to again call into Educational Funding Company this time i asked for Nick Cokinos (Chairman of the company who markets himself and his company as teaching integrity) reached him and i explained my situation and he said that he would transfer me to someone that dealt with refunds.

The person i was sent to was "Villy" villy@efconline.com. He told me if i sent him the correspondence with Champion Jiu Jits AND Cliff Quarrie with Educational Funding Company that he would work on the refund issue.

I have not received a response from Assou Harvard, Cliff Quarrie, Villy@efconline.com, or Nick Cokinos regarding my problems.

Be wary of of doing business with Assou Harvard and Champion Jiu Jitsu as his word is NOT his Bond.

Be wary of Educational Funding Company because they are the billing agents for Champion Jiu Jitsu and the integrity I have seen them display is in direct conflict with how they market themselves.

Hopefully I can save others from the time/money andexperiences that I had to go through.

Arlington Heights, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/18/2009 08:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Educational-Funding-Company/4740-Chevy-Chase-Maryland-20815-6459/Educational-Funding-Company-Ultimate-Irony-Lack-of-Integrity-from-a-company-that-Markets-425525. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Educational Funding Company

Further response

AUTHOR: Educational Funding Company - (U.S.A.)

Dear Sir:

I am the Vice President of EFC, and I was out of the country for a significant period of during the time when your matter came up within EFC. Under usual circumstances I would be in charge of handling situations such as yours. After careful consideration of all the factors involved in your case, I have taken the step of refunding your account with the funds you dispute. I hope you will appreciate this extraordinary step. Please confirm to us that you have received the refund and we would appreciate it if you would update your online postings to reflect this as well.

Mark Cokinos
EFC Vice President

AUTHOR: Educational Funding Company - (U.S.A.)

On February 5, 2009, I received a call from Mr. J. He expressed to me that he had been overbilled and was inquiring about a refund. I explained to Mr. J that we had information sent via Champion Jiu Jitsu Inc. showing 11 payments of $200 beginning May 10, 2008 and ending March 10, 2009. Mr J expressed his disagreement and told me his account was to have ended in August 2008. I told Mr. J I will look into the matter and that I or his account representative would get back to him regarding his concerns. I then called Champion Jiu Jitsu and left messages regarding Mr. J's account. I finally spoke to Champion Jiu Jitsu on February 5, 2009 and was told that they had already spoken to Villy (their EFC account representative) about the matter on January 23, 2009. On February 5, 2009, Villy spoke to Mr. J and told him we were unable to do anything about his refund because the monies collected were already given to the school and that he would need to sort the matter with Champions Jiu Jitsu, Inc.

Cliff Quarrie, EFC