Complaint Review: Educational Funding Company

• Submitted: Fri, May 15, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, June 16, 2009

• Reported By:new york city New York
Educational Funding Company
4740 CHEVY CHASE DRIVE, SUITE 200 CHEVY CHASE, Maryland U.S.A.

Eeducational Funding Company Refused to cancel contract. Continued charging card after supposed cancelation CHEVY CHASE, MARYLAND

*UPDATE Employee: EFC's Response

In order to pay for monthly classes they required I provide my credit card information to Educational Funding Company. In January of this year I notified EFC that I no longer wished to take classes and would not renew my contract. Essentially since then I have called this company 30 to 40 times because they refused to honor my request. I have been transferred and told I have the wrong number, hung up on, told I would be called back, told I can only fax such requests, told my faxed requests were not received, told the legal department is reviewing my request, told I did not give adequate notice, told I can only speak to a supervisor and none is available, and now told a refund has been issued and to wait for 48 hours, only a full 4 days later none has appeared. After going to the school and asking them to talk for me, I was told my account was cancelled. They still charged me for March, after my contract was finished. Then I was told by EFC that someone reopened my account and I was charged for April. Then now told me they would refund one month but not two. I feel that their behavior is criminal and that it is theft. They also told me that they had to keep my credit card info on file because its the only way they can issue a refund.

I have notified the Better Business Bureau and you should do the same if you are a victim.

I have notified the Federal Trade Comission and you should do the same if you feel as I do that their actions are unjust and audacious and illegal.

I am writing to my congressman to ask him to bring this up with the FTC for investigation.

I would be willing to participate in a class action lawsuit.

Fedup
new york city, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/15/2009 07:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Educational-Funding-Company/CHEVY-CHASE-Maryland-20815-6459/Eeducational-Funding-Company-Refused-to-cancel-contract-Continued-charging-card-after-sup-452111. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Educational Funding Company

EFC's Response

AUTHOR: Educational Funding Company - (U.S.A.)

Educational Funding Company complies by the letter of the Student Enrollment Agreement. There are provisions for cancellation in the enrollment agreement that can be exercised. EFC services quality martial arts schools from around the world. Please provide us with your account information and we will look again at your circumstances and respond promptly.

Educational Funding Company