Complaint Review: Educational Funding Company

• Submitted: Tue, May 20, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, May 21, 2008

• Reported By:New York New York
Educational Funding Company
4740 Chevy Chase Drive Chevy Chase, Maryland U.S.A.

Educational Funding Company Refused to cancel contract according to their own terms, ignored my certified letters sent account to collections Chevy Chase Maryland

I stopped attending the martial arts school I had been training at in September 2007. I notified them clearly in writing I would no longer be attending. I anticipated leaving the country for some months and I was suffering constant tenderness and pain in my wrists due to their training methods. Their billing company Educational Funding Company continued billing me even though by their own admission medical problems (in this case directly caused by the training) allow the student to stop training, according to the contract.

I contacted the billing agency the first month (October) they continued to bill me and was confronted by a hostile belligerant attitude even when I thoroughly explained the situation. I also sent a letter from my doctor documenting my injury and stating that she directed me to top the training. They continued to bill me form November and December when I was clearly not attending the school and I filed a disptue with my credit card company which was decided in my favor. I also had to have a new credit card issued since EFC obviously was going to continue fraudulently billing me.

In the intervening months I sent them two more certified letters with two more letters from my doctor and attempted to speak with them by phone and was always confronted by the same belligerent and unreasonable attitude.

They ignored all the leters and phonecalls and have put my account into collections. I have never in my entire life had an account in collections and fear this could effect my credit profile.

Do not sign a contract with this company or any martial marts school who uses them. They will not let you out of the contract and use blatantly unethical and fraudulent means to take your money and harass you.

Michael
New York, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/20/2008 11:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Educational-Funding-Company/Chevy-Chase-Maryland-20815/Educational-Funding-Company-Refused-to-cancel-contract-according-to-their-own-terms-ignor-333739. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Educational Funding Company