Complaint Review: Educational Funding Company/Van Binh Self Defense System

• Submitted: Wed, October 01, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, September 23, 2009

• Reported By:Houston Texas
Educational Funding Company/Van Binh Self Defense System
4740 Chevy Chase Drive, Suite 200 Chevy Chase, Maryland U.S.A.

Educational Funding Company/Van Binh Self Defense System A CANCELATION NIGHTMARE Chevy Chase/Houston Maryland/TEXAS

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Complaint issue resolve

After signing up for Van Binh Self Defense Academy for a month and seeing that I do not like to class, unrepair leaking urinal stand, hardly any parking, children in the adult class and poor overall experience, I called to cancel only to learn that I can't.

I reminded them of the assurance to cancel any time when I sign up, they tell me the person who signed me up wasn't qualify. Then direct my attention to Eductional Funding Company who does the billing.

The rep (mimi?) tell me - "Overseas they don't complain like this, you sign contract, you pay" after I explained my dissatisfaction. I am not making this up.

I respects the martial art schools and their discipline, but this is way out of line. I finally pull out the form and read the fine print (silly me) - here's the contract term:

- self renew after 12 months with automatic 5% increase
- right to cancel after 3 days
- must send in cancel letter 3 months before

Their customer service is poor, can not speak english appropriately, rude and their practice is shameful.

Obviously I will never set foot in that martial art school again. Those who are thinking of joining. DON'T DO IT. Look for a more respectable one.

Dissappointed Martial Art Fan
Houston, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/01/2008 12:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Educational-Funding-CompanyVan-Binh-Self-Defense-System/Chevy-Chase-Maryland-20815/Educational-Funding-CompanyVan-Binh-Self-Defense-System-A-CANCELATION-NIGHTMARE-Chevy-Cha-377677. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Educational Funding Company/Van Binh Self Defense System

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Complaint issue resolve

AUTHOR: VBSDA - (USA)

Dear Dissapointed Martial Arts Fan:

The academy is under new management and would like to get more detail about your complaint at the academy.  What was the outcome such as discontinued charging to your account? etc.  While we may not be able to make everyone happy since we do have policy to adhere to, we still want to investigate into this matter so as to improve our customer service and minimize amount of complaints.  We always hold our standard high and want our students to have good experience during their training at our school.

Lan Nguyen