Complaint Review: Educational Testing Service

• Submitted: Tue, April 27, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, April 27, 2010

• Reported By: James — San Jose California United States of America
Educational Testing Service

Educational Testing Service ETS, GRE, Graduate Record Examinations The GRE Analytical Writing Exam is not graded by qualified professionals, and lacks accountability, Internet

I have an MA in philosophy, I got straight As in graduate school, I have written a guide to logic and applying logic to essays, and I have taught many students logic and how to apply logic to essays. The people who grade the analytical writing essays for the GRE are often English teachers and I don't think they grade appropriately. The exam grades us on providing "compelling logical reasons." I scored poorly on my last exam despite thinking that I fulfilled the requirements for a perfect score. I was told that it was impossible to be given an explanation for why I got a low score. I faxed a complaint around three months ago and I never got a response.

The company has no accountability. We need to know that we are being graded properly, we need to know the graders are qualified, and we need to know why we get low scores in order to efficiently raise our scores.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/27/2010 01:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Educational-Testing-Service/internet/Educational-Testing-Service-ETS-GRE-Graduate-Record-Examinations-The-GRE-Analytical-Writ-597166. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Educational Testing Service