Complaint Review: Edwin Mendez

• Updated: Fri, February 01, 2013

• Reported By: John Greer — Harrison New York United States of America
Edwin Mendez
52 Grove Street Port Chester, New York United States of America

Edwin Mendez Eddie Home Improvemt Edwin Mendez Scammed me out of $2350, Freud, Never return after cashing check. Never purchased material for job. Port Chester, New York

*Author of original report: Edwin Mendez of Port Chester has fled!

On Dec 2nd, 2012 I contracted Eddies Home Improvement to do repair work & painting in my home.
Edwin Mendez ask for $1000.00 deposit for materials. He & I signed the hand written contract and the next day he came over to start the work.  On Dec 4th Edwin asked for $1350.00 a portion for the labor. The very next day he disappeared. Did not show up. He scammed me out of $2350. He never purchased any material  on the contract, except for 3 doors priced @ $18.00 each from Home depot.  I called him several days only to leave a message, he never returned my calls.

I went to his apartment at 52 Grove Street, Port Chester NY 10573 3rd floor, never answered door.
I found his sister cell number on my caller ID. Were he made his call from.  I called Madeline who resides at 76 Merritt St., Port Chester NY 10573. She said she was sorry about what happened. She said her brother is a con-artist and he has been doing this for along time, stealing customers money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/04/2013 07:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Edwin-Mendez-/-Port-Chester-New-York-10573/Edwin-Mendez-Eddie-Home-Improvemt-Edwin-Mendez-Scammed-me-out-of-2350-Freud-Never-retu-991118. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Edwin Mendez

Edwin Mendez of Port Chester has fled!

AUTHOR: John Greer - (United States of America)

contract, except for 3 doors priced @ $18.00 each from Home depot.
I called him several days only to leave a message, he never returned my calls.