muscle

Complaint Review: Efax - J2 Global Communications

• Submitted: Thu, August 12, 2010
  • Updated: Thu, August 12, 2010

• Reported By: Power Roofing & Exteriors — Norman Oklahoma United States of America
Efax - J2 Global Communications
6922 Hollywood Blvd., 5th floor Los Angeles, California United States of America

Efax - J2 Global Communications efax WORST COMPANY EVER - OVERCHARGED AND LEFT TO SUFFER Los Angeles, California

We have had efax for 3 years, and I took a look at our account in detail and they were charging $0.10 for each page sent which doesn't list anywhere on there site. Also, since we have a toll free they charge $0.10 per page received.

They just keep taking $10.00 increments whenever you hit your limit.

These charges are on top of the normal $16.95 a month.

I figured I would go with UnityFax.com since they charge less and get twice as much.

They charge $1/month for ported numbers and when I requested the number port from eFax, Unityfax.com said that efax won't allow it. They also gave me the link to complain to the FCC.

I called and of course got an Indian call center and when I complained and wanted a supervisor, they told me to hold on while they transfered to someone in the U. [continued below]....
.....S.

I didn't believe this, so I looked online and in the agreement it says that they own the numbers provided by a different telephone provider and they have the right to keep the number and even if you port it out, they will charge $500 to obtain the number back.

This was not the original agreement we agreed to. They just updated it in April of 2010.

BE WARNED DO NOT USE EFAX UNLESS YOU like paying people lots money for no reason.

Here is the link to complain to the FCC:

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/12/2010 12:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Efax-J2-Global-Communications/Los-Angeles-California-90028/Efax-J2-Global-Communications-efax-WORST-COMPANY-EVER-OVERCHARGED-AND-LEFT-TO-SUFFER-630989. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Efax - J2 Global Communications