Complaint Review: Efax - J2 Global Communications

• Updated: Wed, March 03, 2010

• Reported By: John — san francisco California United States of America
Efax - J2 Global Communications
6922 Hollywood Blvd., 5th floor Internet United States of America

Efax - J2 Global Communications j2 Global Communications, Inc. Would not let me cancel, forced my accounts to remain open, stole my money! Internet

I opened an efax account, then added new fax # and asked them to close the first account #, which they agreed to do, but then did not.  They kept it open and charged me for both for many months.

I called several times to request closure of the account but to no avail (They only allow accounts to be closed by verbal online chat request).  Each time I did this (very time consuming) once I requested to close the account, they would claim a bad connection and then allegedly the connection was lost.

After several attempts to close both of the accounts, I asked AMEX to block further charges from eFax which they did.

Unfortunately, AMEX determined that I am not entitled to reverse charges from eFax because I had no documentation from eFax that I had previously requested to close the accounts.  How could I get such documentation from eFax when eFax pulls these shenanigans in the first place.

I am closing my AMEX account, because of this.  Seems they should protect their customers from this type of fraud, not protect the fraudsters.

Avoid eFax!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/02/2010 11:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Efax-J2-Global-Communications/internet/Efax-J2-Global-Communications-j2-Global-Communications-Inc-Would-not-let-me-cancel-f-577136. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Efax - J2 Global Communications