Complaint Review: Eggies System

• Updated: Wed, August 24, 2011

• Reported By: Bob — Conway New Hampshire USA
Eggies System
P O Box 3179 Wallingford, Connecticut United States of America

Eggies System 6 eggies for $10 + P&H turned into $20 + $31.96 P&H for a total of $51.96 ripoff Wallingford, Connecticut

A TV ad prompted me to place an order via my computer on line. The web site was www.geteggiestv.com and they have several web names that bring you all to the same site. They get your name, address, credit card number, then you place the order. I ordered only one set and got charged for two. Then they offer several other items for purchase; I refused each one. Once you've completed each screen, the last screen shows you the price, in my case a whooping $51.96 for a $10 item and no way to edit or change it. You have to wait 24 or 48 hrs for your order to go thru the system. Bull.
I did find a phone # 877-206-6765, I called it. It being Friday, they told me I would have to wait until monday to make any changes. I called monday, with fumes coming out of my head, and cancelled the order. They said it was cancelled and sent an email confirmation; but I still don't trust them.
My next step will be to call my bank, cancel that credit card, and have a new one issued. Was told by my bank it would cost $10. Seems they have all conspired to have me part with $10. So be it.

I will never order any thing on TV again. Seems TV stations should better monitor who they choose for advertising. Just irritates consumers and TV watchers. I wish there was some rebuttal to TV stations that allow such trash commercials.  Eggies? Nothing more than rotten eggs.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/24/2011 05:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Eggies-System/Wallingford-Connecticut-06494/Eggies-System-6-eggies-for-10-PH-turned-into-20-3196-PH-for-a-total-of-5196-r-769174. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Eggies System