Complaint Review: Eggies

• Submitted: Mon, July 18, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, July 18, 2011

• Reported By: LWasson — Findlay Ohio United States of America
Eggies

Eggies Didn't disclose total price including shipping on the order before submitting. Internet

I was trying to find out what the shipping would be if I bought 3 eggies systems because they said if you bought 2 it was $10.00 plus $7.99 shipping for the first set and all you would pay for the second set was the  $7.99 shipping.  So $25.98 total for 2 sets.

I wanted 3 so I entered 3 and clicked continue.  Then they offered a breakfast set upgrade which I refused and then they offered something else - which I again refused.  Then I hit next and it gave me my submitted order total!  They never let me see what the shipping would cost.  You'll never guess what I was charged for my order because it is completely ridiculous!  $30.00 dollars for the 3 Eggiies and $47.94 for the shipping.  They threw in a couple egg slicers but I didn't say that I wanted them and shouldn't be charged for them.  So I'm paying $77.94 for 3 eggies sets which breaks down to $25.98 per set!

There is no customer service number to call or an address in which to write on the order confirmation...  Then they have a banner "This order qualifies for a free shipping rebate - click here"  Clicking on this directs you to a page where you enter you credit card information again for a 30 day trial of free shipping from a bunch of sites... after the 30 days they charge you $12+ PER MONTH to save on shipping!

They DO NOT have a confirm your order page with full disclosure of the cost.  I'm turning them into the Federal Trade Commission next.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2011 11:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Eggies/internet/Eggies-Didnt-disclose-total-price-including-shipping-on-the-order-before-submitting-In-754450. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Eggies