Complaint Review: eGumball TRUSTED BUSINESS | Ripoff Report Verified Safe™ …businesses you can trust. eGumball, Inc. has top-notch customer service team that works one-on-one with each customer to find the right keywords & optimization plan so their business can be found online. eGumball, Inc. is always innovating & working to introduce new services to their customers. eGumball, Inc. is dedicated to the Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction program.

• Submitted: Wed, July 20, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, September 02, 2015

• Reported By: jay — hesperia California United States of America
Egumball

eGumball, Inc. REVIEW: Customer Satisfaction Commitment: eGumball, Inc. is dedicated to 100% customer satisfaction. They continue to focus on finding new ways to assist clients' in optimizing their online presence.
*UPDATE: Recognized by Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Program as a safe business service. eGumball, Inc. pledges to always resolve any issues: feel safe, confident & secure when doing business with eGumball, Inc., recognized by Ripoff Report Verified™ as a safe business service.

Ripoff Report Verified™ REVIEW

EDitor's UPDATE: Positive rating and recognition has been given to eGumball, Inc. for its full commitment to quality customer service.

Ripoff Report's discussions with eGumball, Inc. have uncovered an ongoing dedication by the company to total client satisfaction. This means that clients can expect that the company will work towards finding a mutually satisfactory resolution to any concerns. eGumball, Inc. listens carefully to client concerns and sees them as an opportunity to learn from past mistakes and become more efficient as a company in the services offered and the support for those services.

eGumball, Inc.'s owner and founder has informed us that his personal philosophy is that his clients success is at the heart of the business. He feels it critical to listen to his clients and respond properly in every situation. [continued below]....
..... By always putting customers’ first, he hopes to maintain eGumball, Inc. as a successful enterprise both now and for many years to come.

eGumball, Inc. is Ripoff Report Verified

The information provided in this report below is based on comments made by the CEO, John Bauer during an onsite inspection held by a third party verification company with no biases toward eGumball, Inc.

eGumball is a Local Search Marketing provider based out of Southern California. John Bauer, CEO, stated the following in regards to his company, "we are an outsource destination for small businesses who provide local online advertising for their business." With the growing market of online promotion eGumball exceeds the competition by offering multiple services to their clients including: Google and search engine optimization, website development, and promotional products.

Leads for eGumball are primarily acquired through cold calling methods. Once initial interest has been placed Mr. Bauer explained the sales process, "once a contract is provided, signed, and returned there is a three day right of recession period provided at the time of the contact which has to expire before moving forward. The active contract is emailed to them along with their own online portal which they have to agree to our terms and conditions when they get in to the portal." Communication is a valued process for eGumball while developing relationships with their clients, "we strive to get the business the right way. Therefore, we strive to ensure our customers are clear as to what to expect going forward."

CUSTOMER CARE & COMPLAINT RESOLUTION FROM eGUMBALL, Inc.

During the onsite interview, Mr. Bauer was asked to describe some of the common complaints that they receive. Mr. Bauer explained that their most common complaint is the turnaround results are not fast enough. In order to combat this, "we educate the client as to what we do as a company. We lay out how long it typically takes Google to show those results, we provide updates, walk them through the steps and try to put the puzzle pieces back together so that they can get a full picture of what's going on."

When asked to comment on complaints posted on Ripoff Report's website Mr. Bauer explained that most complaints were in reference to miscommunications about their service. Mr. Bauer went on to state, "if a salesperson misrepresented our services to a potential customer, we have recordings of the phone call to go back and verify all escalated customer complaints. We will listen to it, and if the complaint is valid we will rectify it immediately through the appropriate channels. If we find that the customer is not understanding, then we will go through the process of educating the client so that a full understanding and resolution is achieved." In addition, their accreditations include being partners with Google Adwords, and being accredited through the BBB.

eGumball is proud to be a part of Ripoff Reports Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program. Mr. Bauer further stated, "I think that 3rd party advocacy is great for business."

eGUMBALL, INC.- TESTIMONIALS

Traci helped me with my password to access my control panel. We went through the entire panel thoroughly and I even saw the way my advertising was performing through my statistics tab! I understand everything more and I really appreciate all the help! - Bailey - Washington, DC Review Date: 8/14/2015

My experience was excellent today with Rosanna! She was extremely patient with me as I created a Google listing years ago and I completely forgot how to access my own listing. She was able to take charge and get into the listing to make all the necessary changes. Way to go Rosanna! - Lisa - Old Saybrook, CT Review Date: 8/14/2015

So far so good! Customer service team is courteous and helpful! Temeca went over the phone calls and emails I would be receiving which included the log in to my control panel. eGumball's team has gone over strong points to set up my account. I really like the way its all going so far! - Brad - Jackson, MI Review Date: 8/14/2015

Quick Fast and Easy service today with eGumball! Ashley got to the point and was able to update all my search terms! Thanks - Michael - Kansas City, MO Review Date: 8/5/2015

Lynne opened my eyes to things I didn't even know I had online through eGumball! She was so helpful and knew exactly what she was talking about! She turned my frown upside down and made me happy! Five stars for her great customer service today - Tim - Overland Park, KS Review Date: 8/3/2015

Gum

eGUMBALL, INC. – STATEMENTS FROM THE OWNER

""We are one of the top local search marketing providers in the nation. With us, you'll always receive a complex and customized approach to optimizing your online presence and improving your overall marketing plan."

eGumball, Inc.'s team have expressed that they feel very confident doing their job, and enjoy working one-on-one with customers every day. eGumball, Inc. takes employee satisfaction seriously as well.

Employee feedback and surveys reveal comments such as this,

"This is the best company I have ever worked for. Thank you eGumball for all you continue to do for me and my family. Thank you again."

Ripoff Report was pleased to learn that eGumball, Inc.'s past and current approach to business is focused on its pledge to total commitment towards client and employee satisfaction.

STATED IMPROVEMENTS FROM eGUMBALL, INC>

eGumball, Inc. recognizes that complaints posted on Ripoff Report (whether true or not) are issues that need to be addressed, not ignored. If handled correctly, complaints can be valuable learning opportunities. With the feedback generated by Ripoff Report's review, eGumball, Inc. has made organizational changes allowing its clients and employees a more streamlined approach to problem resolution and a commitment to a great client experience.

In summary, after our review, which included discussions with the employees and management of eGumball, Inc., Ripoff Report is convinced that eGumball, Inc. is committed to quality delivery of services resulting in total client satisfaction.

Be sure to contact us with your questions and comments about any business that is part of the Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program. Your questions, comments and suggestions are always welcome and will be considered even if we don't agree with them. Please realize Ripoff Report is chartering in new territory, working to make a change for both consumers and businesses alike.

Gum

How does a business get Ripoff Report Verified™

The member business allows Ripoff report to email everyone from the past. Those who respond to Ripoff report with a valid complaint must be take care of.. they have made a commitment that if anyone contacts Ripoff Report in the future, they will make things right within 14 days. The member business must err on the side of their customers. Otherwise the member business is off the program.

Ripoff Report has determined that eGumball, Inc. meets Ripoff Report Verified’s standards which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints. Members of the Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction program do pay a fee for our on-site review, 24 hour monitoring and for support with customers to resolve any disagreements.

Ripoff Report sends a 3rd party service to do an onside inspection of the new member business. The on-site inspection / review does not mean that the products or services offered by the business have been evaluated or endorsed by Ripoff Report, and has not made a determination as to the business' product quality or competency in performing services. We can verify, that Ripoff Report went to the business, verified their business or “work from home business”, there for, if a customer in the future does not get treated correctly, Ripoff Report can get the problem resolved. If not, and the customers is right, the member business will be taken off the Corporate Advocacy Program. Remember, Ripoff Report emailed every customer from the past that filed a complaint to make sure the member business made things right with customers from the past. Again, to err on the side of their customer, those from the past and those in the future.

Read about Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program, a program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business. This program works.

NOW TO THE ORIGINAL REPORT THAT WAS FILED

----------------------------------

Egumball Internet

This company made it sound like they were partners with Google and that they could get me ranking in the top 3 for Google maps.  They did not perform anywhere close to that.  When I asked to cancel they refused and charged me almost $500 to get out from under them.  There customer service is rude at best and now they are threatening to sue me for writing reviews.  Check out egumball in the better business bureau.  Somehow they have an A- ranking with 19 complaints almost exactly like mine.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/20/2011 02:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Egumball/internet/Egumball-Internet-755766. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Egumball

Progress.

AUTHOR: NateR2784 - ()

I would like to take the opportunity to say that I think my Egumball advertising campaign is finally moving in a forward direction. After posting these negative reviews I was contacted by an account executive at Egumball who has since been doing everything in her power to make me a satisfied customer. We have spoken several times over the phone and have had multiple correspondence through e-mail. She has even called back to go over improvements and tell me what she has done for my business on a day to day basis. In only a couple days my rankings have moved up several spots. There is still a long way to go but I can see actual improvement. If Egumball had more caring individuals such as this one working for them, I couldn't see them ever getting a negative review again. Thank-you Elaine for all of your hard work.

Just got a call from this fraud of a company

AUTHOR: Angry Business Owner - ()

So I've been getting 2 to 3 phone calls per week from the 417-800-2346 number and I finally decided to hear what they have to say...

Automated system: "Hi, your Google listing has just been changed. If you have not updated the Google listing, please press 1 and speak with a Google representative or press 2 to be removed."

Pressed 1 and was connected...

"Hi my name is blah bah blah and am I speaking with the owner of blah blah blah company?" Yes. "We wanted to let you know that your business category is showing up as miscellaneous and therefore not ranking well. Would you like to change that?"

My reply: So is this Google?

"No sir, Google does not make phone calls to companies"

So who are you?

"We are eGumball and we publish the listings for Google Maps."

Once I heard that, I asked to be removed from the list and hope to never hear from them again!

This is a joke and is basically a bait a switch. Try real methods of gaining customers instead of this fraud!

Agreed!

AUTHOR: NateR2784 - ()

This is laughable that I found this report on the internet. I have been with egumball for over six months now for $199/month! I was told the same exact lies from the person who sold me the advertising. The told me that GUARANTEED FIRST PAGE PLACEMENT within the first 30 days of using there service. Not only did the guarantee that but if I was for any reason unsatisfied with their services there was a money back guarantee. Total "BS" is right. I'm referring to this company as one of the 500fastest growing SCAMS!

I had a similar experience and sued them in NM

AUTHOR: Dan - (United States of America)

I had a similar experience at this fellow and they refused to stop taking money our of my account even after i canceled.  I sued them here in New Mexico and after a short trial (where they had a counter claim ) i obtained a judgment against them for $1,300+ with interest.  I realize this is not a lot of money but as i told the judge it is MY money not theirs.

They allowed the appeal period to elapse and then contacted me to see if i was willing to have them pay my money into a charity.  I said no.  As of this writing they have not paid the judgment and so i will have to domesticate it in California and have it sit as a judgment lien on their assets.  At some point they will want to pay and i can wait.

#5 REBUTTAL Individual responds

They either threatened Jason, or sued him!

AUTHOR: Tony the tiger - (United States of America)

I know they didn't make this right Jason, and I am sorry that they are bullying you. I am gathering a class action suit against them.

Hang in there buddy.

Dispute update

AUTHOR: jay - (United States of America)

Everyone: this is Jason, the author of the reviews against eGumball from Jay, or from Hesperia, CA.  I want to make clear that eGumball and I have settled our differences, and I regret the negative things I wrote about eGumball.

Back in 2011, I became upset by what I viewed as a legitimate dispute, so I unwisely engaged in campaign to harm eGumballs reputation by writing complaints on various consumer websites like: ripoffreport.com, pissedconsumer.com, getpayback.com, CompanyNameSucks.com, and others.  The majority of the things I wrote were skewed and the rest was just venting opinions which have since changed.  Jason Hasty
Or you can look me up....  Jason Hasty with Showcase Realty II.

Anyone wishing to join the class action suit against egumball

AUTHOR: Tony the tiger - (United States of America)

Please add an email, and we will get a hold of you. It will cost you nothing as our attorneys will take their fee from the amount that we win back.

#9 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Contract and Terms Agreed To Have No Guarantee

AUTHOR: eGumball Inc. - (United States of America)

We have answered your questions.  We have asked you to make contact with our company.  At this point we would like to validate you as an actual customer.  Please post back your company name and city and state.

Like the other postings above we will post back screenshots with your results and a whited out copy of either your signed agreement or your online acceptance to service.  This should validate our service to your satisfaction.

If our screenshots and proof of service are not enough you can make contact with our company at 1-800-890-8940.

So now they claim they didn't offer a guarantee??

AUTHOR: Tony the tiger - (United States of America)

Like I said, it's total BS!! Your not going to talk your way out of this one this time buddy!

Your company calls up telling us that they are with Google, and when the placement doesn't move at all you claim "No Guarantee"!

#11 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Have you tried to contact service Tony?

AUTHOR: eGumball Inc. - (United States of America)

Tony.  It is completely unfair to post without providing us your details.  We have asked that you contact our billing department to review your complaint.

If you are SO convinced that our sales representative mislead you then please take the time to contact us so that we can remedy the issue.  Our company does not tell the public that we are Google in fact our application documents which you signed, or did not sign yourself, clearly disclose who we are.  Our terms and conditions which everyone agrees to clarifies our terms during your account login.

This is a thread has escalated outside the millions of solicitations we perform each year.  We are a good company and we are willing to hear what you have to say.  If that is not good enough for you then you are not allowing us to help you.

We cannot deny or accept responsibility for your allegations until we can identify who you are.  If we have a rogue salesperson then you need to let us know who you are so that we can address this issue IMMEDIATELY.

Please contact us at 1-800-890-8940.  Your cooperation is appreciated.

Total "BS"

AUTHOR: Tony the tiger - (United States of America)

You make phone calls to us stating that you are a  part of Google, and guarantee first page results. Luckily I recorded the phone conversation, so when we file the class action suit against you, you can hear it as well.

You suck, and guaranteed me a refund if I wasn't pleased. Your a liar, and a theif!

#13 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Tony The Tiger! Help Us Help You!

AUTHOR: eGumball Inc. - (United States of America)

Tony.  We appreciate your reviews and we want to help.  But if you did not sign our agreement then who did?

You might have a legitimate complaint but your having not reported your complaint to us will mean nothing unless, class action or otherwise, you illustrate some sort of due diligence in making contact with our company.  We are here to help you but without having any information to go off of - we are left to question the authenticity of your posted reviews and who you are.

We have you posting reviews all over the net.  This is true.  But your locations are conflicting.  From Las Vegas to South Carolina.

Please contact our billing department at 1-800-890-8940.  If you did not sign your agreement then we will be more than willing to help you by the opening of a fraud case with our local authorities.

#14 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Without a "Guarantee" FIRST PAGE RESULTS!

AUTHOR: eGumball Inc. - (United States of America)

First Class Floors was provided FIRST PAGE RESULTS through eGumball's service as shown HERE or here:

Zach.  Our records indicate more than one keyword placed on the first page of Google.  Like our terms and conditions state there is no guarantee to service and the fact that we are not Google or related to Google.

The reason we publish this information is for complete transparency.  We market hundreds of thousands of businesses across the United States and in some cases we are mistaken as Google which is common for every SEO or maps optimization service in America.  We are all challenged by this.

What stands out in Jason Hasty's case is that WE cancelled Mr. Hasty's agreement within the first thirty days after hearing that he believe us to be Google.  Shortly after the cancellation Mr. Hasty decided to continue with our service.   This is a HUGE EARMARK.

Egumball does not charge any prospective client until they have signed our fully disclosed agreement which is clearly branded with the eGumball logo and terms of service found online and during login to our user interface.  This practice is not currently shared by the majority of SEO firms today.

#15 REBUTTAL Owner of company

eGumball Does Not Offer Guarantees

AUTHOR: eGumball Inc. - (United States of America)

Hi "Tony The Tiger".  eGumball terms of service does not offer a guarantee.  No SEO service can control Google results.  eGumball does not bill any client until the client either A) signs our agreement authorizing us to bill or B) orders are service online through a series of security checks which authenticate the user as the business owner.   In addition to that we phone record sales calls and service calls to your place of business.  If this was not you then maybe there is an employee acting as you.  Either way we are more than willing to help you by phone.  Please call 1-800-890-8940.  Thank you for your time.

eGumball really does suck, and really is a fraud!

AUTHOR: Tony the tiger - (United States of America)

So they took over 1000.00 from me, and didnt even move me up one notch! I disputed it with my bank, and then egumball told the bank it was legit. I am now fighting my bank of which I have had a good 4 year relationship, and this has ruined it. I hope this makes it to the first page of Google, and believe me I will start a flood of negative comments on Google for this major rip-off company!!
If anyone wants to get in on a class action lawsuit, then email me at (((ROR redacted))).

#17 Consumer Suggestion

Similar Experience

AUTHOR: Zack T - (United States of America)

I have a very similar experience. First off they call you advertising as Google and that they have a slot on the first page to put you on. They vehemently deny they do this, but the bottom line, its misleading at best and a flat out lie at worst. Then they state they have an opening on the first page of Google. This is my main complaint, as they don't make it seem as if they are a SEO company. Specifically they said they will place my business on the front page of Google for every Keyword/Search term we set up.

Of course, they never performed this and never got my business on the front page of Google for every Keyword. This latest month I was on there for one keyword. But again it's the misleading/lie of we have an "opening". This leads you to believe they are a third party contractor of Google, and as soon as you pay, results will be seen. This is far from the truth and as soon as the contract is entered into they turn into an SEO company that "attempts" to get results. This is not what they stated at the outset.

Egumball will vehemently deny that they represent themselves as Google. Yet why does Jason think they were? Why did I and the rest of the complaints online think so? And why on their website do they have to explain that they are not Google? If there original sales call wasn't deceptive or a borderline lie, they wouldn't need to state this.

Again my main gripe, besides borderline lies, is the lack of performance. They state they have an open spot for front page representation, yet I never saw the results. Not until I questioned the results, did they start to say that they are not in control of Google pages. This is a far cry from what they said when I payed them. I would have never have signed up for second and third page representation.

I too was ripped of, and yes I paid the bill

AUTHOR: Tony the tiger - (United States of America)

I am sick, and tired of fraudulent companies like egumball taking our money, and adding a money back guarantee, and then not doing anything, and they also reply to banks when you try to get you money back by filing a dispute.
They billed me an additional 200 for nothing, and told my bank that I signed an agreement(which I did not).
This company is a total fraud, and you can quote me on that!

#19 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Jason Hasty, Hesperia, CA - Pay Your Bills and Be Happy!

AUTHOR: eGumball Inc. - (United States of America)

This is one of the many deleted and changed reviews posted by Jason Hasty which are becoming more confusing as they go on...

Bottom line, Jason Hasty signed a 12 month agreement and couldn't withstand the service requirements per Google Quality Guidelines.  After making several verbal threads of slander to our business Jason was told that if he took action on his threat that we would refer his file to our attorneys office and that is where Jason Hasty is.

A brief summary of Jason Hasty.  Jason Hasty signed his 12 month agreement.  Cancelled his agreement.  Then decided to go further after understanding that there were no guarantees to any internet marketing service and why.  Jason Hasty three months into his campaign became impatient because one of his listings needed to be pin code verified and didn't like the time requirement from Google - citing that our company should have seen this from the onset.  So if any lesson can be learned here is the fact that nobody can control what data Google publishes and when.

To suggest we have special relationships with Google or that we are a partner of Google is false.  Although we understand there can be confusion - we highly doubt it in Mr. Hasty's case since we accepted his initial cancellation at start up, explained why there were no guarantees, we have signed agreements and acceptance to our terms and conditions (http://egumball.com/terms.html) which clearly state we are not Google.  What is really alarming is that Jason Hasty, not once, in service contanct or email correspondence claimed that we misled him into believing we were Google or had a partnership with Google.  In one of the many emails from Jason Hasty he states "please continue with my service... If I can get to the front page this service will pay for itself."  Nobody writes "If I can get" who thinks there is a guarantee.  But guess what - without a guarantee we have pretty strong results on the first page of Google.

We have dedicated a page to Jason Hasty to show everyone his first page rankings on the map and in the organics - all within 60 days.  To view why Jason Hasty can't be Hasty go to:

If there is anyone who is not satisfied with our service then it is highly recommended to contact our service department for help in finding your results like above.  We are a good company who answers all complaints and who delivers.  Jason Hasty.... what a guy... Just pay your bills Jason, Hang tough and be happy.