Complaint Review: Eharmony

• Submitted: Wed, May 25, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, May 25, 2005

• Reported By:Hemet California
Eharmony
300 N. Lake Ste. 1111 Pasadena, California U.S.A.

Eharmony I said NO! to renewing my subscription! Pasadena California

You've all seen the commercials--happy people canoodling as they explain how they find the loves of their lives. I haven't had much interest in match services, but to please a friend I signed up. And yeah, I resubscribed--I gave it another chance. It just wasn't me. No problem. But even signing up for the service, I knew I might not want to continue, so I SPECIFICALLY made sure to mark the "do not renew automatically" after the expiration of the subscription button upon signing up, and again upon renewing my subscription. When the subscription expired, I thought I was covered.

Imagine my surprise when I received an e-mail telling me my credit card had been charged for another period of subscription!!! I contactd the company via their website asking them to remove the charges. The e-mailed me back saying they would not, but offering 2 free months of service as an apology. Had I wanted to re-subscribe, I would have done it in the first place. I went back to the "account settings" page to punch the button again that said--"do not renew automatically"--BUT IT WAS ALREADY MARKED!!!!

BUYER BEWARE!!!!!! Warn your friends, get the word out--these fraudulent billing practices are reprehensible and must be stopped!

Lucinda
Hemet, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/25/2005 09:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Eharmony/Pasadena-California-91101/Eharmony-I-said-NO-to-renewing-my-subscription-Pasadena-California-144020. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Eharmony