Complaint Review: Eharmony.com

• Submitted: Thu, October 04, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, October 04, 2007

• Reported By:Benton Arkansas
Eharmony.com
P.O. Box 60157 Pasadena, California U.S.A.

Eharmony.com Fradulant auto renewal, charging for services not used!! Pasadena California

I signed up for eharmony August 31,2007 and paid a fee of $59.95 for a trial of the service for the month of September. The service was not what I expected it to be so I decided not to participate and assumed the $59.95 was the end of it.

On October 1, 2007 my account was charged another $49.95, I phoned eharmony on October 1, 2007 and could not get through to customer service. I phoned 1-800-263-6133 again on October 3, 2007, I spoke with Karen R. who said she was the manager.(she would not give me her last name said the company would not allow them to give out their last name.)

I told her I did not authorize the charge and wanted it to be refunded to my credit card. She gave me some garbage about how I agreed to an automatic renewal, which I did not and would not agree to. Sounded like she was reading a script the company had given her.

The charge was for the month of October. I told her to close my account and refund the $49.95 which I would not be using for October. I told her fraud had been committed, that I did not authroize the charge and wanted a refund. She absolutely refused, said they did not give refunds. I ask her why I would continue to be charged if I would not be using the service for the month of October , she just kept reading some script and saying I agreed to auto renewal on page 3 and 4, needless to say she refused to give me a refund.
Then I called back and talked to someone in billing named Seville, when I told her I was recording a phone conversation she hung up the phone.

Eharmony is a ripoff company, beware of their services, they will charge your credit card with unauthorized charges. They are using deceptive practices to deceive their customers!!!! I am contacting the BBB, the Attorney General and persuing a class action law suit! Sherry Stalcup

Sherry
Benton, Arkansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/04/2007 01:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Eharmonycom/Pasadena-California-91116/Eharmonycom-Fradulant-auto-renewal-charging-for-services-not-used-Pasadena-California-276966. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Eharmony.com