Complaint Review: Eight-Squared - Berkely Premium Nutraceuticals

• Submitted: Mon, August 30, 2004
  • Updated: Mon, August 30, 2004

• Reported By:Milwaukee Wisconsin
Eight-Squared - Berkely Premium Nutraceuticals
5210 Western Blvd. Raleigh, North Carolina U.S.A.

Eight Squared - Berkely Premium Nutraceuticals ripoff Fradulent Unauthorized Billing to Credit Cards after Membership Cancellation Raleigh North Carolina

I purchased a product "Suvaril" being heavily advertised on television for a free trial offer. However, in order to get the trial offer, you have to pay for shipping and agree to monthy membership to the suppliment renewall club. But they assure you if you are not happy with the product you can easily cancel your membership to the club by either going to the website or calling the 1-800 # before your 1 month supply is up. So well before my 1 month supply was up, I went to the same website that I went to to join and I cancelled my membership and got a confimation printout & number verifying my cancellation.

However today my bank account was billed $79.99 which caused my account to overdraft thus a $34.00 overdraft fee. When I called the number on the package (Berkeley) I was told they didn't handle my account and I had to get my refund through their 3rd party internet billing agency, so I called Eight-Squared Inc. and they told me that they would not refund my money becuase I had not cancelled my membership directly through their agency as I was supposed to. Nowhere on any of the packaging or on the website does it say that I needed to email Eight-Squared Inc. to cancel my membership and they told me that my confrimation of my cancellation through Berkeley did not mean anything to them. Needless to say I had to immediately file a fraud report with my bank.

Carisa
Milwaukee, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/30/2004 11:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Eight-Squared-Berkely-Premium-Nutraceuticals/Raleigh-North-Carolina-27606/Eight-Squared-Berkely-Premium-Nutraceuticals-ripoff-Fradulent-Unauthorized-Billing-to-Cr-106092. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Eight-Squared - Berkely Premium Nutraceuticals