Complaint Review: Eight Squared Inc

• Submitted: Mon, August 30, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, November 05, 2004

• Reported By:newport news Virginia
Eight Squared Inc
5210 Western Blvd, Raleigh NC 27606 Raleigh, North Carolina U.S.A.

Eight Squared Inc ripoff Raleigh North Carolina

*Consumer Comment: I was willing to take responsiblity for my mistake

*UPDATE Employee: Maria

*Consumer Comment: Jonathan

*UPDATE Employee: No Phone Cancellations a Rip-Off?

In July of this year I answered a tv ad for a free sample of enzyte for men. The ad said pay only 9.99 for shipping and handling charge. I could cancel at anytime before my next order. I tried to cancel but they told me that I could not cancel over the telephone.

Shawn
newport news, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/30/2004 04:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Eight-Squared-Inc/Raleigh-North-Carolina-27606/Eight-Squared-Inc-ripoff-Raleigh-North-Carolina-106159. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Eight Squared Inc

I was willing to take responsiblity for my mistake

AUTHOR: Maria - (U.S.A.)

Jonathan, Agreed. I was willing to take responsiblity for my mistake. The aggrevation came from being belittle by Jesse. I think you understand where I am coming from. I also understand your frustration with customers...I work in IT support. But, you cannot treat people the way Jesse treated people.

Maria

AUTHOR: Jonathan - (U.S.A.)

Whether the website address was suvaril.com or suvaril.org is irrelevant. The packing slips included with all our shipments instruct the customer to send an e-mail to the address listed; we have no website cancellation form. Our mailing address and phone number are also on the packing slip, so a customer could send us a letter requesting cancellation or call, and if a customer called, we would give him detailed instructions for e-mailing, FAXing, or mailing his cancellation. There's really no excuse for it.

Every day I get customers who say things like, "I've called all kinds of numbers, talked to all kinds of people"--they never remember what numbers or the names of who they spoke to--"and it's just been a big runaround and a hassle." And that's just NOT THE CASE.

1. All the contact information on the website the customer originally ordered from is ours.

2. Our company's name and telephone number, just like EVERY company's name and telephone number, are associated with every charge we make.

3. Like I said, the packing slip contains all our contact information with instructions to contact us regarding questions about or changes to your order.

At some point the responsibility falls on the customer to know who he's paying and how to get in touch with them. If someone doesn't get that, then he's not the kind of customer any business wants anyway.

Jonathan

AUTHOR: Maria - (U.S.A.)

Jonathan, I'll tell you why cancelling via e-mail is such a hassle. Since it is VERY easy to confuse suvaril.com and suvaril.org, the customer can very easily cancel at the WRONG website without even knowing. Thus, we are in your trap of not cancelling in time and being charged for the next order. Then when we call your customer support people, we are told "learn how to use the internet". Give me a break!! Also, why are you so combative with your customers? Wouldn't it make good business sense to take our complaints into consideration and maybe make a few adjusts in your policies? Your company is not going to make any money if you do not have customers. It seems to me that you (Eight Squared) are on the defense.

No Phone Cancellations a Rip-Off?

AUTHOR: Jonathan - (U.S.A.)

How is not accepting cancellation requests over the phone a rip-off? Our policy is to require a written request, preferably through e-mail, but we do accept FAX requests and posted letters. If you were able to use the Internet to place your order and post this complaint, how is sending an e-mail such a hassle?