Complaint Review: Eight Squared

• Submitted: Thu, September 16, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, September 16, 2004

• Reported By:El Cerrito California
Eight Squared
5210 Western Blvd. Raleigh, North Carolina U.S.A.

Eight Squared rip-off! Raleigh North Carolina

I have been trying since 08/11/04 to discontinue their continuity program. I have been corresponding using e-mail and have failed to get any results from eight squared. On 8/11/04 I sent an email asking to be disenrolled. Instead of that, on 8/27/04, they charged my credit card $79.99. I sent the order back as was instructed by their email dated 08/30/04 "Yes, we erred. Please mark the package Refused and return it. We will issue a full credit to your card. Sorry for the inconvenience. We will make sure that your membership is canceled."

On 09/02/04, I found out through another email from eight squared that I was still enrolled, that my enrollment was then cancelled and I would be getting a refund.

On 09/03/04 I was sent an e-mail that stated the following; "Yes, you canceled in time and we erred in shipping to you. "Our Credit Dept. has been requested to credit your card account the $79.99 and to verify that your membership is canceled."

On 09/10/04 eight squared sent another email stating "I will forward this to the Credit Dept. for their immediate attention. Thank you for your patience. cs1."

Yet, on 09/14/04 I was sent another email stating, "Our records show you were still active. You have now been cancelled." I still have not received any of my money back.

I called and spoke to one of their sales people on 9/14/04, she was very rude, she told me that the $79.99 would be returned to my credit card account in 3-4 days. Eight Squared has had over a month to refund my money. I didn't want to be enrolled in the program to begin with. I gave them my credit card information to pay for the $9.99 shipping of my "free" sample, not to be enrolled in their program.

Tracy
El Cerrito, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/16/2004 11:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Eight-Squared/Raleigh-North-Carolina-27616/Eight-Squared-rip-off-Raleigh-North-Carolina-108717. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Eight Squared