Complaint Review: El Dorado Sales

• Phone: 602-212-9607
  • Web:
  • Category: Internet

El Dorado Sales fraud *REBUTTAL *UPDATE ..Rip-off in Germany too

*Consumer Suggestion: It has the number on the charge...

*Consumer Comment: el dorado and easynews.com

*Consumer Comment: It's EasyNews

*Consumer Comment: My experience with El Dorado Sales

*0: They have always billed me correctly.

*0: Like at least two other reported on your homepage

*0: I challenge this complainant to telephone me directly ..

They charged $9.98 to a credit card that I have not used for seven months. Furhermore, I was out of the country on vacation--no PC, email etc. (it was great) so I was not surfing the net.

No point in calling El Dorado. I called the fraud dept of my card company to dispute the charge and cancel the card.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/03/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/El-Dorado-Sales/nationwide/El-Dorado-Sales-fraud-REBUTTAL-UPDATE-Rip-off-in-Germany-too-5624. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on El Dorado Sales

#1 Consumer Suggestion

It has the number on the charge...

AUTHOR: Morgan - (U.S.A.)

On your cc statement is has the phone number of "El Derado Sales" right next to the name of the company. If you call the number they have an automated system and the first thing it says is "If you have a question about a charge on your credit card statement press One." If you press one it says "El Derado Sales is the credit card processing company for Easynews usenet access, if you still have questions please press one."

el dorado and easynews.com

AUTHOR: Karen - (U.S.A.)

Seconding the post above...
I too came upon this site researching El Dorado, as I did not recognize the company's name on my cc statement. I had forgotten I signed up for the usenet service easynews.com, but yes, that's what the 9.98/month is for. Agree that they ought to try to get their name in the billing somehow.

It's EasyNews

AUTHOR: Zach - (U.S.A.)

I too just subscribed to easynews and was scared about the "el dorado news" entry on my bank statement. I'm glad the other posters already figured this out, otherwise I'd be cancelling my card right now! Anyway, just wanted to add my two cents to help make sure everyone else who searches the internet gets this site as well.

My experience with El Dorado Sales

AUTHOR: Richard - (U.S.A.)

I too saw El Dorado Sales on my credit card statement, and wondered what it was. I was looking all over the internet trying to find out who they were. Using Google, the only information I could find was a link to www.jeffminor.net which was down, and a link to this "rip off report". Only then did I see a comment about Easynews.com.

It seems like it would make sense for Easynews to somehow get their name in the billing fields...either that or make it easier on a search engine to link El Dorado Sales to Easynews.

#5 0

They have always billed me correctly.

AUTHOR: - ()

This email is a rebuttal to RipOff #5624.

It was sent by Rick Travers at rbt3@bigfoot.com.

El Dorado Sales fraud *REBUTTAL *UPDATE ..Rip-off in Germany too (#5624)

They filed the following rebuttal to the above Rip-Off Report:

Their email: rbt3@bigfoot.com

Their name: Rick Travers

Their phone number: 44-797-456-5531

Their relationship to the company: Supporter

Rebuttal:

El Dorado Sales handles the billing for

easynews.com who provide my usenet access.

Note the very bottom of this page:

They have always billed me correctly.

I suspect these complainers have signed up for

easynews.com and didn't read the fine print that

El Dorado Sales will handle the billing.

#6 0

Like at least two other reported on your homepage

----- Original Message -----

From: Ingo Klinkhammer

To: info@RipOffReport.com

Sent: Friday, October 12, 2001 9:33 AM

Subject: El Dorado Sales

Like at least two other reported on your homepage El Dorado Sales this week charged $9.98 (= 21,70 German Marks) from my Visa Credit Card that i haven't used for about 2 years. I'm surprised to find something about that in the net. I hope there's a chance to get my money back, the first thing I did was to cancel my card.That can't be a coincident....

Greetings from Germany

ingo.klinkhammer@surfeu.de

#7 0

I challenge this complainant to telephone me directly ..

AUTHOR: - ()

This email is a rebuttal to RipOff #5624.

It was sent by Jeff Minor at jeff@eldosales.com.

El Dorado Sales fraud (#5624)

They filed the following rebuttal to the above Rip-Off Report:

Their email: jeff@eldosales.com

Their name: Jeff Minor

Their phone number: 602-212-9607

Their relationship to the company: Owner

Rebuttal:

El Dorado Sales, Inc. has been in business providing Usenet access on the Internet since 1995.

El Dorado processes between 5 and 6 thousand credit cards each day 365 day a year. Our "toll-free" telephone number appears on all credit card charge statements.

El Dorado is a customer service oriented company.

I challenge this complainant to telephone me directly and I will personally check into the complaint..Jeff Minor 602-315-2167.