Complaint Review: El Gordo Loteria Internacional

• Updated: Tue, August 17, 2004

• Reported By:Manchester Europe
El Gordo Loteria Internacional
Avenida Carlos V N Madrid, Other Spain

El Gordo Loteria Internacional (Santa Lucia Seguros) ripoff, attempt to steal money by a false lottery win Madrid Spain

I received a letter from El Gordo Loteria Internacional stating that I had won a sum of 615,810.00 euros, from a total cash prize of 10,468,770 shared among 17 international winners.

I foolishly believed in this and filled out my personal details in a form to them (faxed). The next day I received a call from them telling me that their bank will contact me and ask for confirmation. I then received a phone call from someone who stated they he was talking on behalf of the bank (Bank Of Centen Madrid). He asked me to give them 998 euros immediately so the bank can transfer the lottery money to my account.

I found this quite dodgy and had some second thoughts. I searched the company up on Google and found out they were a fraud.

I would like it if someone can give me any advice since I've already faxed them my details. I hope to hear from you soon.

Zulfiqar
Manchester
United Kingdom

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/17/2004 05:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/El-Gordo-Loteria-Internacional/Madrid-Other-08024/El-Gordo-Loteria-Internacional-Santa-Lucia-Seguros-ripoff-attempt-to-steal-money-by-a-f-104012. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on El Gordo Loteria Internacional