Complaint Review: El Maguey Mexican Restaurant

El Maguey Mexican Restaurant
104 E Market Street Salem, Indiana United States of America

El Maguey Mexican Restaurant Shady Business Salem, Indiana

*General Comment: I Have Never Had A Problem With El Maguey - Something's Fishy

I have been dealing with problems from this restaurant for years. I'm a very fair person, but their shady business practices have driven me to file this report.

I hired El Maguey Mexican Restaurant to cater my graduation party in 2011. The day of my graduation party, my food failed to show up. The owner of the restaurant had forgotten about it and the guests at my party had to wait hours for cold food.

After roughly a year, I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt and returned to being a customer of theirs. Since then, on more than one occasion, I have had serious problems concerning the health guidelines, price, and quality of their business.

Although I could give many examples of their poor business, I am wanting to report the most recent two. Last week, I called to order takeout. On the phone, the woman told me it would be between 10-15 minutes. I arrived 25 minutes later. I then stood waiting for the food for another 20 minutes when I arrived. When I got it, the fries and chicken had not been fully cooked. I took it back inside to show the owner that my food was frozen on the inside, and she took it to the back. I waited another 10 minutes. When she gave it to me, the portion size was much smaller and my order totaled almost $13.00.

Today, 1/19/2013, at approximately 2:00 p.m., I placed another order. Although they were timely on this occasion, I was charged way to much for what I ordered and I am almost positive I was a victim of fraud. My order consisted of a large queso dip, three soft tacos, and chicken cheese fries. She charged me $25.40 and failed to provide a detailed recipe. When I asked for a menu to verify price, she conveniently said she had ran "out". When I opened the queso, it was only 1/2 full.

I would just like to warn others of the problems that I have had with this business and their poor quality of service. I will no longer be a customer of theirs in the future.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/20/2013 08:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/El-Maguey-Mexican-Restaurant/Salem-Indiana-47167/El-Maguey-Mexican-Restaurant-Shady-Business-Salem-Indiana-1000353. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on El Maguey Mexican Restaurant

#1 General Comment

I Have Never Had A Problem With El Maguey - Something's Fishy

AUTHOR: Skoochnski1974 - ()

I have lived in Salem for five years. I eat at El Maguey around four times a month. As a result, I have come to know the owner, Raquel, quite well.

I saw this report and I asked her about it. She said that the lady who made this complaint is always trying to scam her out of free food. Not only that, but she is very rude and loud. As far as the catering, I was told that the lady making the complaint failed to put down a 20% deposit for the food and that's why her food never showed up at her party.

Now, As I said, I have been going to the restaurant for several years. There happenes to be two Mexican restaurants in this town and I have never been to the other one simply because I like this one so well. The prices are reasonable and the portions are huge. The staff is always friendly and the restaurant is clean.

As for take out- it is true that Raquel charges more for take-out qeuso than a regular dine in order. That is because she puts it in a 20 oz. styrofoam cup! She also does the same for the salsa. So for around $17 you get 20 oz of queso, 20oz. of salsa and 2 paper bags full of chips. It's enough for a family of 4 to eat and have some left over!

Don't let one person's sour grapes attitude color your opinion of El Maguey. If they have been in business this long, they must be doing something right! Go and see for yoursefl. Persoanlly I reccomend the paella. It costs $9.99 and is fairly new to the menu. It's a huge portion of rice, shrimp, chicken and steak with grilled veggies covered in queso. You won't leave hungry!