Complaint Review: Elan Financial Services

• Submitted: Thu, February 21, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, February 21, 2013

• Reported By: Amber Morrow — Englewood Ohio United States of America
Elan Financial Services

Elan Financial Services fraudulently transferred funds from my checking account a month after I canceled automatic payment and has yet to repay 12 days after being notified Internet

On Jan.9th, 2013, I contacted Elan Financial Services and canceled the automatic withdrawal from my checking acct for the balance on my Elan credit card.  No further withdrawal were to be taken.

On Feb.8th/9th, 2013, Elan took $893.63 from my checking acct to pay off my balance on my credit card.  I contacted Elan customer service on Feb. 9th and they admitted they had mistakenly taken the money.  Elan card member services stated that the transaction would be reversed as soon as it was completed.

The payment completion date was Tuesday Feb.12th, 2013.  I called Elan and was told that I would be refunded the full amount in 3 to 5 business days.  Considering a weekend and a holiday, Feb. 15th or 20th would meet that criteria.

On Wednesday Feb. 20th came and no refund, I called Elan and they explained that transactions were done at midnight on the day due.  Thursday Feb. 21st another promise that the transaction would take place at midnight.

My dad called and talked at length, and with stern speech, to a card member services supervisor.  That is when we found out that a fax from our bank on the 12th would have sped things up to the 15th or 20th but that there is actually a 7 day hold after the transaction before the refund could be processed which meant a Feb.23rd (yeah right on Saturday) or the 25th the money would be back in my bank account.  Meanwhile I am borrowing money from friends & family to survive.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/21/2013 02:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Elan-Financial-Services/internet/Elan-Financial-Services-fraudulently-transferred-funds-from-my-checking-account-a-month-a-1018116. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Elan Financial Services