Complaint Review: Elance, Inc. Elance.com, Scam Rip off Company

• Updated: Thu, September 27, 2012

• Reported By: Chris will — toronto Florida Canada
Elance, Inc. Elance.com, Scam Rip off Company
441 Logue Ave Internet United States of America

Elance, Inc. Elance.com, Scam Rip off Company Scam, Elance Rip off, Elance Scam, Elance complaints , DO NOT WORK WITH THIS COMPANY! Internet

*Consumer Comment: I was also ripped off by Elance and Net-Arb

*General Comment: Elance Not a Rip-Off

*Consumer Comment: Can You Recommend Other Virtual Work Sites?

Hey guys, I wanted to get in touch with as many people as I can reqarding Elance and their shady business practices, I'm an employer. Elancelet me hire a firm from India that they kicked off their site for God knows what 1 day after I posted my job. Did elance tell me? NO.
This company had 100% positive feedback, That happens because Elance allowes them to create multiple accounts, hire themselves and give themselves positive feedback. Many time the projects they have listed in  their profiles are not from other companies but inhouse projects. Elance let me hire them and they ended up stealing my interllctual property, taking the first two payments for milestones, never delivring anything, and HACKING my computer, Elance account, bank account and basically my life.
DO NOT WORK WITH THIS COMPANY!!
ELANCE SCAM, ELANCE RIP OFF!!!!!1

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/10/2010 12:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Elance-Inc-Elancecom-Scam-Rip-off-Company/internet/Elance-Inc-Elancecom-Scam-Rip-off-Company-Scam-Elance-Rip-off-Elance-Scam-Elance-c-601625. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Elance, Inc. Elance.com, Scam Rip off Company

I was also ripped off by Elance and Net-Arb

AUTHOR: Ryheena - (United States of America)

Elance is an all around terrible service.  I have tried to work with numerous programmers who had very high ratings and glowing reviews who were completely incompetent.  The majority of which failed to complete any of the project. If you try to complain about the lack of completion Elance will send you  to their "third party" arbitrator called Net-Arb.  This is a total scam.  It was clear from the get-go that they had no intention of fairly assessing my case.

Their decision is rigged to always land on the side of the worker as this way Elance does not have to refund the money to the buyer.  Their written explanation was a joke.   It didnt even address the fact that over 70% of my requirements had not been met.  They then have the ability to remove any comments that I had written about the programmer and try to
make me pay for their $400 arbitration fee.  Net-Arb does not have a physical address and pretends to be neutral.  Shame on this company.  Do not ever use Elance!

#2 General Comment

Elance Not a Rip-Off

AUTHOR: jeni - (United States of America)

I've been a member in good standing (freelancer, not client) for going on a year with Elance.  Through them, I have secured 24 jobs, received payment for each, and indeed work with repeat clients.  Elance is like my home away from home.  I have been the target of scam job invitations, but a report to elance usually takes care of that and the scammer is dispensed with.

It is against Elance terms of service to have multiple accounts, or to hire oneself, or review oneself back in a positive light.

They were more than likely kicked off the site because someone else reported them to Elance and they conducted an investigation.  The people at Elance have as many catch's put in place as possible but it is impossible for them to be aware of every client and every member's actions the second they take it.  That is why there are job IDs and proposal IDs.  So that should any of Elance's policies be violated, those of us who do value the site can report untoward behavior and get it nipped in the bud.

I'm sorry for your unfortunate experience, but if it were not for Elance I would not have the work opportunities from home that I have.

Can You Recommend Other Virtual Work Sites?

AUTHOR: Tonir - (United States of America)

Thank you for this posting on Elance.com. Do you have another or other online companies that you can recommend as an employer? I would like to kick off my virtual administrative career, but am afraid of joining the wrong site and the damage to my own reputation.