Complaint Review: Eldorado Chevrolet - LoJack

• Submitted: Wed, August 03, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, August 10, 2005

• Reported By:McKinney Texas
Eldorado Chevrolet - LoJack
eldoradomotors.com McKinney, Texas U.S.A.

Eldorado Chevrolet - LoJack ripoff, liars, rude McKinney Texas

*Consumer Suggestion: Jeremy you might like reading what I posted!

I recently purchased a new Chevrolet Colorado from a dealership. LoJack was never mentioned to us as an option until we were in the fianc office. Infact it was added on to our deal before even asking us. The finance guy then briefly explained LoJack stating that it enables the police to track your vehicle. He said it worked anywhere. We told him that we traveled a lot, including traveling to Wisconsin and the east coast of Florida.
He never gave us any documentation or pamphlets on LoJack to look at.

The next day the system was installed in the truck. When we picked up the truck there was a packet in the glove box on LoJack. I opened it up and began to read about it. When I was almost done reading I reached a section that talked about where LoJack works and doesn't work. I was immediately taken back by this. I thought to myself, wait didn't the guy say it'd work anywhere???? Within minutes I called the dealership and asked for the guy in the finance dept. He answered the phone and said he'd have to call back. He never called back until 11 pm. I got him message the next day but couldn't call him yet because it was a Sunday. Monday I left him a message and my wife went up to talk to him. We ended up having to go up to the dealership that night together to talk to him more. He wouldn't take no for an answer. We kept telling him we didn't want it if it didn't cover everywhere. He kept saying that didn't matter we'd just get our money back if it didn't work. We explained that we wanted the system for QUICK recovery of the vehicle. This would protect us if dogs or kids or car jacked in it.

The finance manager refused to do anything about it. He basically said that once it is installed it can not be removed. We think this is totally wrong. We were lied to and mislead. If he would have given us the pamphlet before it was installed we would have known it didn't work everywhere. The only thing the finance guy offered was to possibly get us a LoJack car alarm to go with it.

Now we are stuck with higher payments on our car loan because of having the LoJack on the note which we do not want.

McKinney, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/03/2005 09:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Eldorado-Chevrolet-LoJack/McKinney-Texas-75070/Eldorado-Chevrolet-LoJack-ripoff-liars-rude-McKinney-Texas-152332. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Eldorado Chevrolet - LoJack

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Jeremy you might like reading what I posted!

AUTHOR: Stick - (U.S.A.)

Jeremy trust me I know how you feel. Many car dealers do just what ever they want, knowing that they will not be expose by the media, nor will any AG's office go after deceptive car dealers. There is ONLY ONE AG's office that has proof that he has the balls to go after deceptive misleading car dealers.

No Newspaper will ever expose scams in the auto industry because of BIG advertising $$$$$. You might contact Low jack and tell them how you have been treated. I don't like Low Jack for many reasons. Try to get your Low Jack removed and transferred to a different car! Ask Low Jack How do you find out when the battery is dead. Ask Low Jack how do you know if you are in an area where Low Jack does NOT WORK.

Read this info.

Jeremy car buyers are not informed consumers because of the media. It's the Media that will not bring auto dealer scams under the spot light so the American consumer can become an INFORMED CONSUMER!

When was the last time anybody ever seen a TV station, Talk Radio station or a newspaper ever expose scams in the auto industry? NEVER They would much rather reap the benefits of the car dealer's advertising money.

Put the media to the test. Go to the below URL and try to find a Newspaper what will do a big story about car dealer Rip Off's.

Now we need to talk about Talk Radio stations. No Talk radio station will even expose car dealer scams. They get BIG advertising money from the car dealers that Rip you OFF. Maybe they are in bed together to take your money.

Go to the below URL and try to find a Talk radio station that will let you expose a car dealer RIP OFF.

Go read the below Rip Off Reports and then try to find a form of Media that will let you expose a car dealer scam.

No car dealer would EVER want you to read what I will tell you for FREE. Most car dealers traing their sales people to Squeeze you till you POP or DROP.

Read the following Rip Off Reports and you can save BIG.

This one has good reading and GREAT Pictures

make sure that you can make the payments BEFORE YOU SIGN ANYTHING. Look what others have gone through after they feel that they can't make the payments anymore.

Stop, Don't think you have a 3 Day cooling off period. YOU DO NOT in AZ. Good reading on NO 3 DAY cooling off period.

More good reading if you Can't afford the payments.

Good reading if you want to write a Down payment Check at a car dealer. This one has 4 GREAT pictures you gotta SEE!

Like Nissan's This one has some Great reading and good photo's

Like to read the MSRP stickers?
14 pictures posted in this Rip Off report.

Like to make sure that your credit app is correct before the bank gets to read it? Go read this good Rip Off Report. Very informative!
Go to this report and scroll down to the picture of 4 contracts.

Next we might have FRAUD! You be the judge

Next report that needs a few eyeballs on it.
Who's on Richard's side of the fence in this Rip-off Report?

Have any of you Rip-off Report readers ever heard the term "YANK"? Is the word "YANK" in Sutton's book?

How can a car dealer sell a car Buyer's trade-in before they get the car buyer approved on the new car loan? I do believe it is against the law to do that. But we then have to ask again who is out there for the car buyer? Car dealer selling car buyers trade in before loan on new car gets approved.

Car dealers making car buyers beg for their down payment back after car deal falls apart! What's up with that? Why can't the car dealer just GIVE THE MONEY BACK?

Can we call this Rip-off Report "Car Buyer's trade in falls in a REPO HOLE"?

great reading, good pics.

Great informative reading about CONTRACTS.

More good contract reading.

You like Kia's ?

Good reading about DOC FEE's I tell car buyers to NEVER pay a DOC FEE.

Good reading on Deposits.

You know anything about Bulls?

Picture of a guy willing to PICKET a Ford dealer. Great photo.

Like Toyota's? Great VERY INFORMATIVE READING with pictures.

Great PHOTO and informative on sticker prices

Could you call this one "Sticker Ripper" has 10 great photos.

Next I have a few words about the word "SALE" for all you sale seekers. Let me give you my opinion of the word "SALE

Suckers Are Loose & Easy
In today's business world the word "Sale" does not means nothing anymore. Many only use the word to get your attention and make you THINK you are going to get a good deal. When I see the word "sale" I say whoop EE!